City Profile - Cape Town; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Cape Town metropolitan municipality (metropolitan area) is the capital city of Western Cape Province. Cape Town’s economy is the second largest economy in South Africa and ranks second at the national level in terms of employment generation.
“City Profile - Cape Town” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cape Town.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the area, accounting for 72.2% of total GDP.
- Cape Town metropolitan area is a major tourist destination in South Africa. Strong performance observed in construction sector, Real Estate and Retail.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cape Town metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Cape Town metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Cape Town metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Cape Town metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Cape Town metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Cape Town metropolitan area - main universities-2017
- Table 7: Cape Town metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Metropolitan Area - Population by Age (2000-2025) (Millions)
- Table 9: City of Cape Town - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: City of Cape Town - key airport indicators
- Table 11: Cape Town city - total visitors to major attractions (Jan-June 2017)
- Table 12: Cape Town city - key hotel indicators, 2016-17
- Table 13: City of Cape Town - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 14: Cape Town - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Cape Town metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Cape Town metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Cape Town metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Cape Town metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Cape Town metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Cape Town metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)