City Profile - Cambridge; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Cambridge is one of the key university cities in the UK. The university has pivotal role in the city’s economy and the city also has a considerable economic and financial influence. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Cambridge” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cambridge. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy and the major employer.
- The construction sector is one of the key contributors to the city’s economy, accounting for around 4.9% of Cambridge's overall GVA.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cambridge city - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Cambridge city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Cambridge city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Cambridge city - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$)
- Table 5: Cambridge city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Cambridge city- main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Cambridge city - population comparison, 2000-25 (thousands)
- Table 8: Cambridge city- population by age (2000-25) (% of total)
- Table 9: Cambridge city- key airport indicators (passengers)
- Table 10: Cambridge city - office rents, 2017
- Table 11: Cambridge city - international visitors by country of residence (1,000 persons)
- Table 12: Cambridge city - international visitors by purpose (1,000 persons)
- Table 13: Cambridge city - tourism establishments, 2016
- Table 14: Cambridge city - hotel indicators
- Table 15: Cambridge city- MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Cambridge city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Cambridge city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Cambridge city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Figure 4: Cambridge city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Cambridge city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Cambridge city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)