City Profile – Cambridge
Cambridge is one of the key university cities in the UK. The university has pivotal role in the city’s economy and the city also has a considerable economic and financial influence, accounting for 1.1% of national GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile – Cambridge” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cambridge.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy and the major employer.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with strong performance in residential housing market over last five years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cambridge metropolitan area – key facts (estimates), 2015
- Table 2: Cambridge metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP index (2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 3: Cambridge metropolitan area– economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Table 4: Cambridge metropolitan area– GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 ($)
- Table 5: Cambridge metropolitan area– employment structure 2000-25, (% of total)
- Table 6: Cambridge metropolitan area– main universities, 2015
- Table 7: Cambridge metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 8: Cambridge metropolitan area– population by age, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 9: Cambridge metropolitan area – key airport indicators, 2014 and 2015
- Table 10: Cambridge metropolitan area – office rents, Q2 2015
- Table 11: Cambridgeshire – international tourist arrivals by country, 2014–15
- Table 12: Cambridge metropolitan area– MICE and other events
- List Of Figures
- Figure 1: Cambridge metropolitan area– real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Cambridge metropolitan area – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Figure 3: Cambridge metropolitan area– GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Cambridge metropolitan area – employment structure 2000-25, (% of total)
- Figure 5: Cambridge metropolitan area– population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Cambridge metropolitan area– population by age, 2000-25