City Profile - Cairns; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Cairns city is situated at the center of Far North Queensland or Tropical North Queensland Region, which also includes the cities of Mackay and Townsville, and the Islands of Torres Strait.
Cairns is a local government area, also called as Cairns Regional Council local government area. The region is a narrow coastal strip between the Great Dividing Range and the Coral Sea, covering a total land area of 1,687km2
"City Profile - Cairns” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cairns.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Cairns is one of the key tourist destinations in Australia, for both domestic and international tourists.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cairns city - key facts (estimates), 2017 2
- Table 2: Cairns city - real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
- Table 3: Cairns city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
- Table 4: Cairns city - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$) 13
- Table 5: Cairns city - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 15
- Table 6: Cairns city - main universities, 2017 16
- Table 7: Cairns city - population by comparison (2000-25) (million) 18
- Table 8: Cairns city -population by age, (2000-25) (% of total) 20
- Table 9: Cairns Airport - key indicators 22
- Table 10: Cairns port - cargo (tons) 24
- Table 11: Tropical North Queensland region - tourist arrival indicators, 2016-17 27
- Table 12: Tropical North Queensland region - international arrivals by country of residence 27
- Table 13: Tropical North Queensland region - visitors arrivals and nights spent, 2017 28
- Table 14: Cairns city - hotel key performance indicators 29
- Table 15: Cairns city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites 30
- Table 16: Cairns city - MICE * and Other Events 31
- Table 17: Cairns city - building permits and value 32
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Cairns city - real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
- Figure 2: Cairns city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
- Figure 3: Cairns city - GDP percapita comparison (2000-25) 12
- Figure 4: Cairns city - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 14
- Figure 5: Cairns city - population by comparison (2000-25) 17
- Figure 6: Cairns city - population by age, (2000-25) (% of total) 19