City Profile - Burgas ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Burgas metropolitan area is located in the Yugoiztochen Planning Region located in Southeast region of Bulgaria whose capital is Burgas. The city is the fourth largest in the country after Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna in terms of the total population residing in the area. Being an important industrial, commercial, transport and tourist center, city is rated as the second best among Bulgarian administrative districts in its industrial potential. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 76.4% share.
“City Profile - Burgas” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Burgas city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Burgas is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the retail, construction and real-estate sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Burgas metropolitan region - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Burgas metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Burgas metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Burgas metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Table 5: Burgas metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Burgas metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Burgas metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Burgas metropolitan region - mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 9: Burgas metropolitan region - key airport indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Burgas- office rents, Q2 2016
- Table 11: Burgas metropolitan region - tourism indicators
- Table 12: Burgas metropolitan region - hotel establishment performance
- Table 13: Burgas metropolitan region - comparative analysis of different types of hotel establishment performance
- Table 14: Burgas- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 15: Burgas- MICE and other events
- Table 16: Burgas metropolitan region - building permits
- Table 17: Burgas city- retail space rents, H2 2015
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Burgas metropolitan area- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Burgas metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Burgas metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Burgas metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Burgas metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Burgas metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)