- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Budapest metropolitan region - key facts, (estimates) 2016
- Table 2: Budapest metropolitan region - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Budapest metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Budapest metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Budapest metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Budapest metropolitan region - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Budapest metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Budapest metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Budapest- mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport - key airport indicators, 2014-2016
- Table 11: Budapest city- office rents (US$/ft2/annum)
- Table 12: Budapest city - Tourist arrivals to accommodation establishments in the region
- Table 13: Budapest metropolitan region - key hotel indicators
- Table 14: Budapest metropolitan region - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Budapest metropolitan region - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Budapest metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Budapest metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Budapest metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Budapest metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Budapest metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
City Profile - Budapest ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Budapest metropolitan region comprises the Budapest city and the surrounding Pest County. Metropolitan region’s accounts for 30.9% of the Hungary’s population and 46.7% of the national economy. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the region’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 78.4% share. The region is hub for health care and pharmaceutical companies in Eastern Europe. Around 60% of all real estate, advertising and financial consulting services of Hungary are based in the region. Budapest also ranked ninth among 10 European cities, in terms of business friendliness and FDI strategy
“City Profile -Budapest” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Budapest. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the region’s economy - and the major employer.
- Budapest is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Hungary. Strong performance is observed in the retail sector, tourism construction sector with increasing employment, number of building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.