Brussels ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Brussels metropolitan region is the most populous among the three Belgium regions and de facto capital of the European Union. The city with strong presence of service sector is a key contributor to the Belgium economy contributing around 35% of the national GDP. The region's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Brussels” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Brussels. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Despite the strong economy the region is experiencing slightly higher unemployment rate of 10.8% and is projected to ease over the next three years.
- Brussels is one of the key tourist destinations in Europe, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors experienced healthy growth in 2015. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 22
- Airports 23
- Ports 24
- Business Environment Analysis 25
- Travel and Tourism 26
- Tourism Flows 26
- Hotels 28
- Attractions 28
- Events 29
- Construction and Real Estate 30
- Investment 30
- Real Estate Market 30
- Retail 31
- Retail Market 31
- Consumption, Income and Prices 31
- Appendix 32
- Sources 32
- Further Reading 32
- Ask the analyst 32
- About MarketLine 32
- Disclaimer 32
- List of TablesTable 1: Brussels metropolitan region- key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Brussels metropolitan region- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Brussels metropolitan region- economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Brussels metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Brussels metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Brussels metropolitan region- main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Brussels metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18Table 8: Brussels metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Brussels metropolitan region- mass transit network indicators, 2016 21Table 10: Brussels metropolitan region- key airport indicators, (January-November) 2016 23Table 11: Brussels metropolitan region- key airport indicators, 2014-16 23Table 12: Brussels metropolitan region- prime office rents, Q4 2016 25Table 13: Brussels city- Fortune Global 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2016 25Table 14: Brussels metropolitan region - international visitor nights by country of residence, 2014-16 27Table 15: Brussels city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites 28Table 16: Brussels metropolitan region- MICE and other events 29
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Brussels metropolitan region- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Brussels metropolitan region- economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Brussels metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Brussels metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Brussels metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Brussels metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19