Bordeaux ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Bordeaux metropolitan area, also known as Gironde department, comes under Nouvelle-Aquitaine administrative region in France. It has a significant economic and financial influence, accounting for around 2.3% of national GDP. Improvements in financial services, hospitality and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Bordeaux” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bordeaux. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional area - and the major employer.
- Bordeaux is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth over the year.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 22
- Airports 23
- Ports 25
- Business Environment Analysis 26
- Travel and Tourism 27
- Tourism Flows 27
- Hotels 29
- Attractions 31
- Events 31
- Construction and Real Estate 33
- Investment 33
- Real Estate Market 34
- Retail 35
- Retail Market 35
- Consumption, Income and Prices 35
- Appendix 36
- Sources 36
- Further Reading 36
- Ask the analyst 36
- About MarketLine 36
- Disclaimer 36
- List of TablesTable 1: Bordeaux metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Bordeaux metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Bordeaux metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Bordeaux metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Bordeaux metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Bordeaux metropolitan area - main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Bordeaux metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18Table 8: Bordeaux metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Bordeaux - mass transit network indicators, 2016 21Table 10: Bordeaux city - Bordeaux-Mérignac airport’s passenger traffic (million) 24Table 11: Bordeaux city - Bordeaux-Mérignac airport’s aircraft movements 24Table 12: Bordeaux city - port of Bordeaux’s cargo traffic (million) 25Table 13: Bordeaux city - office rents, Q1 2017 26Table 14: Bordeaux Métropole - tourism indicators (hotel guests), 2015-16 28Table 15: Bordeaux Métropole - international arrivals by country of residence, 2015-16 28Table 16: Bordeaux Métropole - hotel indicators, 2015-16 30Table 17: Bordeaux Métropole - international overnight stays by country of residence, 2015-16 30Table 18: Bordeaux Métropole - UNESCO World Heritage sites 31Table 19: Bordeaux - MICE and other events, 2017-18 32
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Bordeaux metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Bordeaux metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Bordeaux metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Bordeaux metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Bordeaux metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Bordeaux metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19