Bern ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Berne metropolitan region consists of Berne canton, which is one of the 26 cantons in Switzerland. The canton covers a total area of 5,840km2 and consists of 10 administrative districts. The region was home to 1.02 million people and accounts for 12.2% of the Switzerland’s total GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Bern” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bern. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Bern is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 21
- Airports 22
- Business Environment Analysis 23
- Travel and Tourism 24
- Tourism Flows 24
- Hotels 25
- Attractions 25
- Events 26
- Construction and Real Estate 27
- Investment 27
- Real Estate Market 27
- Retail and Consumption 28
- Retail Market 28
- Consumption, Income and Prices 28
- Sources 29
- Further Reading 29
- Ask the analyst 29
- About MarketLine 29
- Disclaimer 29
- List of TablesTable 1: Bern canton - key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Bern canton - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Bern canton - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Bern canton - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Bern canton - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Bern canton - main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Bern canton - population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18Table 8: Bern canton - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Bern canton - key airport indicators, 2011-16 22Table 10: Bern canton - tourist arrivals 24Table 11: Bern canton - UNESCO world heritage sites 25Table 12 : Bern canton - MICE and other events 26
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Bern canton - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Bern canton- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Bern canton - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Bern canton - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Bern canton - population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Bern canton - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19