City Profile - Berlin; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Berlin metropolitan area is a dynamic business location for start-ups and creative industries in Germany. It is also the political center of Germany. Tertiary sector contributes the most to the region’s GVA. Metal and electrical industry, mechanical and vehicle engineering, and chemicals and pharmaceuticals industry are the most important industries under the secondary sector, in terms of revenues and employment.
“City Profile - Berlin” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Berlin. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Being a strong economy, the unemployment rate in the region softened at 7.3% in 2017, compared to 11.3% in 2010.
- Berlin is one of the key tourist destinations in Europe, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are expected to witness healthy growth over the next upcoming years.
- The metropolitan area is among the most preferred destinations for real estate investments in Europe.Construction sector accounts for 4.9% of the total GVA in 2017.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Berlin metropolitan area - key facts, (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Berlin metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Berlin metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Berlin metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Berlin metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Berlin city - population indicator
- Table 7: Berlin metropolitan area - main universities, 2017
- Table 8: Berlin metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 9: Berlin metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 10: Berlin metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, Q2 2018
- Table 11: Berlin metropolitan area- key airport indicators, 2016-Jan-June18* (number)
- Table 12: Berlin city - prime office rent, Q2 2018
- Table 13: Berlin city - tourist arrivals, 2014-17 (number)
- Table 14: Berlin city - international arrivals by country of residence, 2016-17 (number)
- Table 15: Berlin city - hotel market key indicators, 2016-17 (number)
- Table 16: Berlin metropolitan region - UNESCO world heritage sites
- Table 17: Berlin metropolitan area - MICE and other events
- Table 18: Berlin city - construction indicators, 2016-17 (number)
- Table 19: Berlin city - prime office rents comparison, Q2 2018
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Berlin metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Berlin metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Berlin metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Berlin metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Berlin metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Berlin metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)