City Profile - Beijing; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Beijing is the capital city of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and is second most populous region in China. Beijing has evolved from a commercial and industrial center into an economic center, due to rapid growth in the tertiary sector, such as finance and insurance, trade, transport, communications and real estate. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Beijing” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Beijing. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Beijing is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past two years. Business tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector. Strong performance is observed in the construction and real estate sector due to rise in the foreign investment.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Beijing metropolitan area - key facts, (estimates) 2016
- Table 2: Beijing metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Beijing metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Beijing metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (US$), 2000-25
- Table 5: Beijing metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Beijing city - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Beijing metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Beijing metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Beijing city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Beijing city - key airport indicators, 2016
- Table 11: Beijing city - Fortune Global 500 companies with main HQ in the city
- Table 12: Beijing City - office rent, Q2 2017
- Table 13: Beijing city - international arrivals by country of residence
- Table 14: Beijing city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Beijing metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Beijing metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Beijing metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Beijing metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 4: Beijing metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 6: Beijing metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)