City Profile - Basel; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Basel is the third largest region in Switzerland after Geneva and Zurich in terms of area, economic importance and population. The increase of investments due to structural reforms is expected to have a significant positive effect on the region’s economy over the next decade.
“City Profile - Basel” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Basel. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Basel is a key tourist destination in Switzerland for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth. The construction sector in the region grew at an average annual rate of 1.0% during the five years (2013-2017).
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Basel metropolitan region - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Basel metropolitan region- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Basel metropolitan region- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Basel metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Basel metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Basel metropolitan region - main universities, 2017
- Table 7: Basel metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Basel metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Basel metropolitan region - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Basel metropolitan region - key indicators of EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, 2013-17
- Table 11: Basel city - Fortune Global 500 Companies, HQ in city, 2017
- Table 12: Basel city - office rents, Q4 2017
- Table 13: Basel metropolitan region - tourism indicators (number), 2013-17
- Table 14: Basel metropolitan region - international arrivals by country of residence (numbers), 2013-17
- Table 15: Basel metropolitan region - hotel indicators, 2013-17
- Table 16: Basel metropolitan region - overnight stays by international arrivals by country of residence, 2013-17
- Table 17: Basel metropolitan region - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Basel metropolitan region- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Basel metropolitan region- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Basel metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Basel metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Basel metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Basel metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)