Bangkok ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Bangkok (Bangkok metropolis) is the capital city of Thailand and one of the six administrative divisions of Bangkok metropolitan region within Bangkok province. The city is the political, economic, educational and cultural center of Thailand. The city has a strong presence of industry and service sectors contributing about 32.4% to the national GDP. The city's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Bangkok” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bangkok. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the city’s economy - and the major employers.
- Bangkok is a key tourist destinations in Thailand, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 22
- Airports 23
- Business Environment Analysis 26
- Travel and Tourism 27
- Tourism Flows 27
- Hotels 29
- Attractions 29
- Events 30
- Construction and Real Estate 31
- Investment 31
- Real Estate Market 32
- Retail 33
- Retail Market 33
- Consumption, Income and Prices 33
- Appendix 34
- Sources 34
- Further Reading 34
- Ask the analyst 34
- About MarketLine 34
- Disclaimer 34
- List of TablesTable 1: Bangkok city - key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Bangkok city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Bangkok city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Bangkok city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Bangkok city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Bangkok - main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Bangkok city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18Table 8: Bangkok city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Bangkok city - mass transit network indicators, January - May 2017 22Table 10: Bangkok - passenger movements at airport 24Table 11: Bangkok - aircraft movements at airport 24Table 12: Bangkok - cargo movements (tons) at airport 24Table 13: Bangkok city - Fortune Global 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2016 26Table 14: Bangkok city - office rents, 2016 26Table 15: Bangkok - international arrivals by country of residence, 2016 28Table 16: Bangkok city - MICE and other events 30
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Bangkok city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Bangkok city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Bangkok city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Bangkok city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Bangkok city - population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Bangkok city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19