City Profile – Auckland
Auckland is the most populous city in New Zealand accommodating about 35% of the total country’s population. The strong performance of service sector, improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth over the next decade.
“City Profile – Auckland” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Auckland.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy – and the major employer.
- Auckland is a key tourist destination in the country for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth. Construction industry in the metropolitan area is expected to grow in line with increasing construction permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail and Consumption
- Retail Sales
- Consumption income and prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Auckland region – key facts (estimates), 2015
- Table 2: Auckland region – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Auckland region – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Table 4: Auckland region – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 ($ 000’s)
- Table 5: Auckland region – employment structure, 2000–25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Auckland region – main universities, 2015
- Table 7: Auckland region – population comparison, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 8: Auckland region – population by age, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 9: Auckland region – mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 10: Auckland region – prime rent 2014
- Table 11: Auckland region – international arrivals by country of residence
- Table 12: Auckland region – MICE and other events
- List Of Figures
- Figure 1: Auckland region – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Auckland region – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Figure 3: Auckland region – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Auckland region – employment structure, 2000–25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Auckland region – population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Auckland region – population by age, 2000-25