City Profile - Ankara ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Ankara is the capital city and Turkey’s second largest city, in terms of both economic contribution and population, after Istanbul. Ankara metropolitan area is an excellent business and investment location, contributing 9% to the Turkey’s total national GDP. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 73.4% share.
“City Profile - Ankara” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Ankara. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Ankara is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Turkey. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Ankara metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Ankara metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Ankara metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Ankara metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Ankara metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Ankara metropolitan area - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Ankara metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Ankara metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Ankara - mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 10: Ankara metropolitan area - key airport indicators
- Table 11: Ankara - office rents, Q3 2016
- Table 12: Ankara city - hotel indicators, 2012-2015
- Table 13: Ankara - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Ankara metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Ankara metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Ankara metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Ankara metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Ankara metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Ankara metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)