Preference and Behavior Analysis of Taiwanese Online PC Gamers
During the first half of 2017, Taipei-based, government-backed research institute MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute) conducted an online questionnaire research in Taiwan and received 1,500 valid questionnaires. This report provides an overview of Taiwanese PC online gamers' preferences and examines their behavior by socio-demographic factors: gender and age.
The findings show:
1.53.2% of Taiwanese gamers prefer online PC role-playing games.
2.On average, 46.3% of Taiwanese female gamers spend less than an hour on playing games at a time.
3.70.2% of Taiwanese gamers made PC online game purchases, including in-game purchases, in 2016.
- PREFERENCE ANALYSIS OF TAIWANESE ONLINE PC GAMERS
- 53.2% of Gamers Prefer Online Role-playing Games
- Female Gamers Prefer Online Riddle and Music Games
- Gamers Across All Ages Prefer Online Role-playing Games
- Table Taiwanese Gamers' Preferred Online PC Game Genre by Age Group
- 46.3% of Female Gamers Commit Less Than an Hour to Play Online PC Games
- Over 80% of Gamers at All Age Groups Spend at Least 30 Minutes on Gaming at a Time
- Table Taiwanese Gamers' Average Time Spend on Playing Online PC Games at a Time by Age Group
- BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS OF TAIWANESE ONLINE PC GAMERS
- 70.2% of Gamers Made Online PC Game Purchases in 2016
- 33.7% of Female Gamers Did not Make Any Online PC Game Purchases in 2016
- Over 50% of Gamers Aged 25-29 Willing to Spend NTD 500 or More on Online PC Games
- Table How Much Taiwanese Gamers Spent on Online PC Games in 2016 by Age Group
- Over 50% of Gamers Have Tendency to Spend on Online PC Games Every Month
- 70% of Gamers Aged 19 or Below Have Tendency to Spend on Online PC Games Every Month
- Table The Average Interval between Online Game Purchases for Taiwanese Gamers by Age Group
- DEMOGRAPHIC SEGEMENTATION