Global Polymer Industry 2015-2020:Trend, Profit, and Forecast Analysis
The global polymer industry is expected to grow with a CAGR of 3.9% over 2015-2020. The
demand for polymer is driven by growth in end use markets, such as packaging, automotive,
infrastructure, transport rails, and telecommunication mainly from emerging economies. Polymer
is continuously substituting metals, glass, paper, and other traditional materials in various
applications due to its lightweight and strength and the design flexibility they offer brand owners
along with low-cost. Thermoplastics segment is expected to witness the highest growth over the
next five years. Increasing applications of engineered plastics in various fields, such as
construction, automotive, and industrial manufacturing equipment to mechanical engineering is
expected to drive this market.
Lucintel, a leading global management consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the
global polymer industry by applications, product types and regions and has come up with a
comprehensive research report, “Global Polymer Industry 2015-2020: Trend, Profit, and
Forecast Analysis.” This report provides an analysis of the global polymer industry, including the
industry trends, competitive landscapes, country analysis, emerging trends, and key drivers of the
industry growth. The study also includes forecast of global polymer industry through 2020
segmented by regions and product types. The study also includes the global polymer industry
segmented by applications for the –the year 2014.
The global polymer industry segmented by regions:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
The global polymer industry segmented by types:
The global polymer industry segmented by applications for the the year 2014:
- Thermoplastics (Packaging, Consumer and Institutional, Building and Construction,Transportation, Furniture and Furnishing, Electrical and Electronics, and Others)
- Thermosets (Plywood, Furniture and Bedding, Building and Construction, Automotive,Electronic and Others)
- Elastomers (Tires, Automotive (non-tires), Building and Construction, Industrial Productsand Others)
On the basis of its comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that majority of the segments for
the global polymer will have good growth during 2015-2020. Rising applications of polyolefin in
automotive and packaging are driving the demand of the thermoplastics segment. The APAC
region is expected to have solid market potential over the next five year in the polymer industry.
Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, China Petrochemical
Corporation, and Exxon Mobil Corporation are some of the major suppliers of polymers.
Technological advancement and new product developments at competitive prices are likely to be
key factors for future growth.
This unique report from Lucintel will provide you with valuable information, insights, and tools
needed to identify new growth opportunities and operate your business successfully in this
market. This report will save hundreds of hours of your own personal research time and will
Features and Scope of this Report:
To make business, investment, and strategic decisions, you need timely, useful information. This
market report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multinational
materials suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors, and many more
that operate in this market.
Some of the features of “Global Polymer Industry 2015-2020: Trend, Profit, and Forecast
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the market based on Porter’s Five Forces model which helps to understand the competitive position of industry players.
- Market size in terms of value ($B) by segment, market size trend (2009-2014) and forecast(2015-2020) for key regional segments to make major investment decisions.
- Regional Analysis provides polymer equipment industry breakdown by region among North America, Europe, APAC and ROW.
- Competitor analysis: growth leadership analysis, market drivers and challenges, growth opportunity analysis by segment market and by regional market that helps to ascertain a sound investment decision.
- Market strategic assessment, emerging trend, innovations and new product launches, mergers and acquisitions by the market players are studied in the report.
The report is in power point presentation format and has hundreds of critical data and market
insights that will help in effective decision making.