Global Ground and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis
According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of calcium carbonate industry looksgood with opportunities in the paper and plastic application segments. The calcium carbonate market isforecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% by value from 2015 to 2020. The major growth driver for thismarket is increasing paper demand from packaging and printing market.
In this market, ground calcium carbonate (GCC) and precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) are used asa filler in paper, plastic, coating, rubber, adhesive and sealant. Lucintel predicts that the demand forground calcium carbonate will remain the largest segment during the forecast period. On the basis of itscomprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that PCC will witness the highest growth during theforecast period, supported by increasing penetration and its attractive properties of high brightness,purity, and absorption level.
Within the calcium carbonate market, the paper segment is expected to remain as the largest market byvalue and volume consumption. Growth of the packaging and tissue paper markets is expected to spurgrowth for this segment over the forecast period due to the rise in hygiene awareness and changinglifestyle.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market due to higher production of paper and plastics inChina and India. North America and Europe are expected to witness a good growth over the forecastperiod due to growth in the paper, plastic, and coating demand.For market expansion, the report suggests innovation and new product development, where the uniquecharacteristics of calcium carbonate can be capitalized. The report further suggests the development ofpartnerships with customers to create win-win situations and the development of low-cost solutions forend users.
The emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include growingconsumption of nano precipitated calcium carbonate, and emergence of green applications. Omya,Imerys, Mineral Technologies, Solvay, and Nordkalk are among the major suppliers of calciumcarbonate. There are some companies that are opting for merger and acquisition as a strategic initiativefor driving growth.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed calciumcarbonate market by application, product type, end use, and region and has come up with acomprehensive research report, “Global Ground and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.” The Lucintel report serves as a springboard forgrowth strategy, as it provides a comprehensive data and analysis on trends, key drivers, anddirections. The study includes a forecast for the global calcium carbonate market through 2020,segmented by application, product type, end use, and region as follows:
By application [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Paint & Coating
- Adhesive and Sealant
By product [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
By end use [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment for 2014 and 2020]:
- Building & Construction
- Consumers Products
By region [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
This report answers following 11 key questions:
Q. 1 How big the opportunities for calcium carbonate industry by type, application and region?
Q. 2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q. 3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges ofthe market?
Q.5. What are the business risks and threats of this market?
Q.6 What are emerging trends in this market and reasons behind it?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading thesedevelopments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are taken by key players forbusiness growth?
Q.10 How is the competitive rivalry and threat of substitution in this market?
Q. 11. How many M & A activities happened during last 1- 2 years and what are their impacts?
This unique report from Lucintel will provide you with valuable information, insights, and tools needed toidentify new growth opportunities and operate your business successfully in this market. This report willsave hundreds of hours of your own personal research time and will significantly benefit you inexpanding your business in this market. In today’s stringent economy, you need every advantage thatyou can find.
Features of This Report:
To make business, investment, and strategic decisions, you need timely, useful information. Thismarket report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multinational materialssuppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors, and many more that operate in thismarket.
Some of the features of “Global Ground and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Market 2015-2020:
Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market size estimation in terms of volume (million tons) and value ($B) shipment
- Trend and forecast analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region and segment.
- Segmentation analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market in term of application types such as paper, plastics, paint & coating, rubber, adhesive & sealant and other and in terms of end use industry, such as packaging, building/construction, printing, transportation, consumer, industrial and others both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market in different applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, competitive landscape, and expansion strategies of ground and precipitated calcium carbonate suppliers in global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.