According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of fillers in the global compositesmarket looks good with opportunities in the transportation, construction, pipe and tank, andelectrical and electronic application segments. Fillers in the global composites industry is forecastto grow at a CAGR of 4.9% by value from 2015 to 2020. The major drivers of growth for this marketare the increasing demand for sheet molding and bulk molding compounds from transportation andconstruction sectors.
In this market, calcium carbonate, aluminum trihydrate (ATH), and others are used as fillers incomposites. Lucintel predicts that demand of ATH is likely to experience the highest growth rate inthe forecast period due to increase in safety regulations and its good flame retardant properties.Within fillers in the global composites industry, the electrical and electronic industry is expected toremain as the largest market by value consumption. Continuous increase in stringent safetystandards with focus on the use of environmentally friendly materials is expected to spur growth forelectrical and electronics segment over the forecast period.
North America is expected to remain the largest market by value due to increasing usage ofenvironmentally friendly flame retardant material.
Asia Pacific and Rest of the world are expected to grow significantly over the forecast period dueto the growth in the composites industry supported by rapid growth in building and constructionactivity and growth in automotive production.
For market expansion, the report suggests innovation and new product development, where theunique characteristics of fillers can be capitalized. The report further suggests the development ofpartnerships with customers to create win-win situations and development of low-cost solutions forthe end user.
The emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include growingconsumption of nano fillers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) commitment towards theuse of non-halogenated flame retardants, and increasing demand of glass microspheres. Nabaltec,Huber Engineered Materials, Albemarle, Mineral Technologies, and Imerys are among the majorsuppliers of fillers in the global composites industry. Some companies are opting for merger andacquisition as a strategic initiative for driving growth.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed fillers in theglobal composites industry by end user industry, product type, and region and has come up with acomprehensive research report, “Fillers in the Global Composites Industry 2015-2020: Trends,Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.” The Lucintel report serves as a springboard for growthstrategies, as it provides a comprehensive data and analysis on trends, key drivers, and directions.
The study includes a forecast for fillers in the global composites industry through 2020, segmentedby end user application segments, product type, and region as follows:
By end user industry [volume (Million Pounds) and $ Million shipments from 2009 to 2020]:
- Pipe & Tank
- Electrical & Electronic
- Consumer goods
By product type [volume (Million Pounds) and $ Million shipments from 2009 to 2020]:
- Calcium Carbonate
By region [volume (Million Pounds) and $ Million shipments from 2009 to 2020]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1: What are some of the potential, high-growth opportunities for filler in global compositesindustry by applications and regions?
- Q. 2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3: Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4: What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers andchallenges of the market?
- Q.5: What are the business risks and threats to the market?
- Q.6: What are emerging trends in this market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7: What are some changing demands of customers in the market?
- Q.8: What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9: Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10: What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via materials / product substitution
- Q.11: What are M & A activities in the last 5 years in this market? What reasons can be attributed to these activities and how have they impacted the industry?
This unique report from Lucintel will provide you with valuable information, insights, and toolsneeded to identify new growth opportunities and operate your business successfully in this market.
This report will save hundreds of hours of your own personal research time and will significantlybenefit you in expanding your business in this market. In today’s stringent economy, you needevery advantage that you can find.
Features of This Report:
To make business, investment, and strategic decisions, you need timely, useful information. Thismarket report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multinationalmaterials suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors, and many more thatperate in this market.
Some of the features of “Fillers in the Global Composite Industry 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, andOpportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Fillers in the global composite industry size estimation in terms of value ($ Mil) and volume (M lbs) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Fillers in the global composite industry trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region and segment.
- Segmentation analysis: Fillers in the global composite industry size by various end use application and product type segment in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Fillers in the global composite industry breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, competitive landscape, and expansion strategies of fillers in the global composite industry suppliers.
- Emerging applications: Emerging applications of fillers in the global composite industry in various markets.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.