1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1 Perspective
- 1.1.1 A Major Role for Guidance
- 1.2 Guidance Systems
- 1.2.1 Interventional Imaging
- 1.2.2 Key Imaging Modalitie
- 1.2.3 Components to Image-Guide Procedures
- 1.3 Key Uses
- 1.3.1 Neurosurgery
- 18.104.22.168 CT, MRI Impact
- 1.3.2 Breast Biopsy
- 1.3.3 Spinal Surgery
- 1.4 Significant Market Drivers and Trends
- 1.4.1 Minimally Invasive Surgery
- 1.4.2 Aging Population
- 1.5 World Market Summary
- 1.6 Methodology
- 2.1 The Need for Image Guidance
2.2 Critical Imaging Need
- 2.1.1 The Advantages of Guidance
- 2.2.1 Key Modalities
- 22.214.171.124 X-Ray
- 126.96.36.199 CT
- 188.8.131.52.1 Interventional CT Guidance
- 184.108.40.206 MRI
- 220.127.116.11.1 MR Guided Ultrasound
- 18.104.22.168 Ultrasound
- 22.214.171.124 PET
- 2.3 Navigational Systems
- 2.3.1 Instrument Navigation
- 2.3.2 Tracking
- 126.96.36.199 Image-Based Tracking
- 188.8.131.52 Innovations in External Tracking
- 184.108.40.206.1 Interoperability
- 2.4 Software
- 2.4.1 Advances Driving Usage
- 2.5 Significant Challenges
- 2.5.1 Technical Issues
- 2.5.2 Design Challenges
- 220.127.116.11 Widely Adopted Standards
- 2.5.3 Economic Issues
- Trends and Drivers
3.0 KEY APPLICATIONS
- 3.1 Cancer
- 3.2 Neurosurgery
- 3.3 Orthopedics
- 3.4 Pulmonary Procedures
- 3.5 Abdominal Surgery
- 3.6 Cardiovascular Procedures
- 3.6.1 Pediatric Potential
- 3.7 Sinusitis
4.0 MARKET TRENDS
- 4.1 Minimally Invasive Surgery Drives Image-Guided Procedures
- 4.2 Partnering for Image-Guided Surgery
- 4.3 Improved Vascular Guidance
- 4.4 Image-Guided Biopsies on the Rise
- 4.5 Radiologists’ Role Increases
- 4.6 Breast Biopsy Device Gains FDA Clearance
- 4.7 Reducing Radiation Exposure
- 4.8 Reducing Shoulder Pain
- 4.9 Improving Spinal Surgery Outcomes
- 4.10 Cone-Beam Computed Tomography
- 4.11 Greater Use of Needle Biopsies
- 4.12 MIS Lateral Approach Platform
- 4.13 Cataract Guidance System
- 4.14 Image and Robotic Guidance
- 4.15 MR-Guided Ultrasound
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Advance the Market by Improving the Standard of Care
- 5.3 Commercial Landscape
- 5.3.1 Healthcare Spending and Investment
- 5.3.2 Market Opportunities
- 5.4 Image Guidance Market Procedures
- 5.5 Markets For X-Ray Fluoroscopy Image Guidance
- 5.6 Markets For CT Image Guidance
- 5.7 Markets for MRI Image Guidance
- 5.8 Markets for Ultrasound Image Guidance
- 5.10 Markets for PET Image Guidance
6.0 CORPORATE PROFILES
- 6.1 BK Medical
- 6.2 Brainlab AG
- 6.3 Compass International Innovations
- 6.4 Curexo Technology Corp.
- 6.5 Elekta AB
- 6.6 GE Healthcare
- 6.7 Image Guided Therapy
- 6.8 Imris
- 6.9 Integra Lifesciences Holdings
- 6.10 Medtronic
- 6.11 NDS Surgical Imaging
- 6.12 Philips Healthcare
- 6.13 Siemens Healthcare
- 6.14 SiteSelect Inc.
- 6.15 Smith & Nephew plc
- 6.16 St. Jude Medical Inc.
- 6.17 Stryker Corp.
- 6.18 SurgiVision Inc.
- 6.19 Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc.
- 6.20 TrueVision Systems
- 6.21 Ultrasonix Medical Corp.
- 6.22 Xograph Healthcare Ltd.
- 6.23 Varian Medical Systems Inc.
- 6.24 Vital Images Inc.
LIST OF EXHIBITS
1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Exhibit 1: World Image Guidance Market
- Exhibit 2: World Image Guidance Market by Modality
- Exhibit 3: World Image Guidance Market Size and Forecast by Modality
- Exhibit 4: US Modality Usage (Diagnostic vs. Image Guidance) across
Modalities (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, PET)
- Exhibit 5:
Non-US Modality Usage (Diagnostic vs. Image Guidance) across Modalities (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, PET)
- Exhibit 6:
Modality Usage Percentage, Image Guidance vs. Diagnostic
- Exhibit 7:
US Modality Usage for Image Guidance by Procedure Type (Brain, Spine, Other)
- Exhibit 8: World (non-US) Modality Usage for Image Guidance by Procedure Type
- Exhibit 9: World Image Guidance Market by Modality (X-Ray Fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, PET), 2010-2015
- Exhibit 10: World X-Ray Fluoroscopy Market, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 11: North American Market for X-Ray Fluoroscopy, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 12: European Market for X-Ray Fluoroscopy. 2011-2015
- Exhibit 13. Asian Market for X-Ray Fluoroscopy, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 14: Rest of World-Other Emerging Markets for X-Ray
- Exhibit 15: World CT Image Guidance Market, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 16: North American Market for CT Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 17: European Market for CT Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 18: Asian Market for CT Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 19: Rest of World-Other Emerging Markets for CT Image
- Exhibit 20: World MRI Image Guidance Market, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 21: North American Market for MRI Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 22: European Market for MRI Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 23: Asian Market for MRI Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 24: Rest of World-Other Emerging Markets
for MRI Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 25: World Ultrasound Image Guidance Market. 2011-2015
- Exhibit 26: North American Market for Ultrasound Image
- Exhibit 27: European Market for Ultrasound Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 28: Asian Market for Ultrasound Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 29: Rest of World-Other Emerging Markets for
Ultrasound Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 30: World PET Image Guidance Market, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 31: North American Market for PET Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 34: European Market for PET Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 35: Asian Market for PET Image Guidance, 2011-2015
- Exhibit 36: Rest of World-Other Emerging Markets for PET Image
Guidance, 2011-2015 106
Imaging technology used to diagnose illness and injury is increasingly being used to assist surgeons complete procedures. Image-guided surgery involves the use of a real-time correlation of the operative field to preoperative imaging data that reflect the precise location of a surgical instrument to the surrounding anatomical structures. Preoperative scans from different imaging modalities provide additional diagnostic information. These scans can help a surgeon assess the adequacy of a repair.
As the number of minimally invasive surgical procedures has increased, though, other imaging modalities have been applied to address the limitations of x-rays and fluoroscopy. Computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound and molecular imaging have provided the information required to plan and perform complex interventions inside the body without the need for direct open visual inspection by a surgeon.
Kalorama Information's Medical Imaging Markets: Image-Guided Surgery provides insight into the use of imaging to assist surgical performance, with procedure and market data for North America, Europe, Asia and ROW for the following modalities:
- X-Ray Fluoroscopy
The report also provides revenue and procedure numbers based on procedures completed.
NOTE: The report does not contain numbers for biopsies, ablations or interventional radiology, only for imaging systems used to assist surgeries.
The following companies active in this field are profiled:
- B K Medical
- Brainlab AG
- Compass International Innovations
- Curexo Technology Corp.
- Elekta AB
- GE Healthcare
- Image Guided Therapy
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings
- NDS Surgical Imaging
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- SiteSelect Inc.
- Smith & Nephew plc
- St. Jude Medical Inc.
- Stryker Corp.
- SurgiVision Inc.
- Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc.
- TrueVision Systems
- Ultrasonix Medical Corp.
- Xograph Healthcare Ltd.
- Varian Medical Systems Inc.
- Vital Images Inc.
The report also examines trends in the industry, including:
Partnering for Image-Guided Surgery
Improved Vascular Guidance
Image-Guided Biopsies on the Rise
Radiologists’ Role Increases
Reducing Radiation Exposure
Reducing Shoulder Pain
Improving Spinal Surgery Outcomes
Cone-Beam Computed Tomography
Greater Use of Needle Biopsies
MIS Lateral Approach Platform
Image and Robotic Guidance
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price, which limits access to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that will be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
For Kalorama's take on the healthcare news of the week, based on our analysis of healthcare markets, follow Kalorama Information's Key Point Blog at