The Global Market for Biomarkers (Cancer Biomarkers, Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers, Immunological Disease Biomarkers, Infectious Disease Biomarkers, Neurological Disease Biomarkers, Novel Biomarkers for Other Diseases)
The Global Market for Biomarkers analyzes the current and future markets for biomarkers. The report provides a market analysis for six broad areas of medical biomarkers:
- The Market for Cancer Biomarkers
- The Market for Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers
- The Market for Immunological Disease Biomarkers
- The Market for Infectious Disease Biomarkers
- The Market for Neurological Disease Biomarkers
- The Market for Novel Biomarkers for Other Diseases
For each area, selected biomarkers and companies developing/marketing these biomarkers are provided.
Market analyses in this report cover world markets for biomarker diagnostic markets, including the following segmentation:
- Worldwide Diagnostic Biomarker Market by Disease Indication – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Cancer Biomarkers Diagnostic Market – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers Diagnostic Market – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Autoimmune Disease and Allergy Biomarkers Diagnostic Market – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Infectious Disease Biomarkers Diagnostic Market – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Diagnostic Market for Selected Other Biomarkers – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Biomarker Market - Diagnostic versus Research Applications – 2015 and 2020
- Worldwide Biomarker Market by Geography – 2015 and 2020 (North America, European Union, Japan, ROW, Total)
The world markets for biomarkers and biomarker tests are provided in U.S. dollars for 2015 and 2020. The worldwide market for biomarkers by disease indication is provided, including the market for tests for biomarkers (diagnostics products) sold to clinical laboratories, and also products sold to researchers.
Biomarkers can be used for a range of diagnostic applications including predicting disease risk, diagnosis, predicting prognosis, identifying appropriate therapy for an individual, monitoring disease or for return of a disease, and other applications. Biomarkers also have important roles in drug discovery and development.
The biomarker market is large, reflecting the large market for diagnostic tests based on these biomarkers, and also the ongoing efforts to discovery, validate, and commercialize new biomarkers. Growth in this market is fueled by factors that are fostering the growth of both the research and the diagnostics market. Market drivers and challenges are discussed in the report.
The large and growing biomarker market has attracted a lot of attention, and companies entering the market. Thus this has become a highly competitive market. The report profiles companies involved in the biomarkers market.
The information presented in this report is derived from publicly available information sources such as company reports and announcements, government reports and databases, medical organization reports, medical associations, and other publications. The analysis is based on the author's industry knowledge combined with literature searches and discussions with industry professionals and experts in the areas of point-of-care tests, decentralized healthcare and healthcare economics.