Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market Forecast 2019-2028
The global negative pressure wound therapy devices market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.35%, across the forecast period of 2019 to 2028. Key drivers facilitating market growth are the rising concerns over chronic wounds, an upsurge in the prevalence of diabetes, the need for cost reduction in healthcare treatments, and technical innovations.
Negative pressure wound therapy devices are medical equipment used to treat or heal, both chronic and acute wounds. These devices generate sub-atmospheric pressure and contribute to recovering from second and third-degree burns. Mainly, hospitals and clinics utilize them, in addition to the usage within home settings.
According to the Wound Healing Society (WHS), in 2018, over 8 million people in the United States had wounds, with or without infection. The majority of chronic wounds include pressure ulcers, venous ulcers and, diabetic foot ulcers, leading to complications, such as, infections and inadequate blood supply. Additionally, obesity, diabetes, and the delayed consequences of radiation therapy are attributed to the growing prevalence of chronic wounds. The incidence of diabetes in developing countries is encouraging lucrative growth opportunities due to the increasing implementation of advanced wound care products, like, negative pressure wound therapy devices. Thus, the demand for chronic wound care is rapidly increasing across the globe. However, the complications associated with the device's use, and its high cost restrict the market growth.
The growth analysis of the global negative pressure wound therapy devices market includes the geographical assessment of Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and the rest of the world. The Asia Pacific region is predicted to be the fastest-growing market globally, owing to its large population, high disposable income, and increased patient awareness regarding advanced wound care procedures. Moreover, medical tourism and technological developments have turned the region into a lucrative market for negative pressure wound therapy devices.
Since a few global wound care companies dominate the market, key industries intensely compete over product development, acquisitions, and marketing fronts. Moreover, industries are investing in research and development activities, to advance their product portfolios and procure correlated operations. Some of the distinguished enterprises in the market are, Cardinal Health, Talley Group Limited, Deroyal Industries Inc, 3M Company, Paul Hartmann AG, etc.
Our report offerings include:
• Explore key findings of the overall market
• Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
• Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
• Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
• Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
• Key analytics: Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
• Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
• Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook