Asia Pacific Bariatric Surgery Market Forecast 2019-2028
The Asia Pacific bariatric surgery market is predicted to grow significantly and register growth rate at a CAGR of 9.86% over the estimated period, 2019-2028. The rising incidence of obesity and medical tourism are stimulating market growth in the region.
In order to understand the growth potential of the Asia Pacific bariatric surgery market, the region is divided into Indonesia, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea, China, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of Asia Pacific that includes Singapore, Philippines, and other Asia Pacific countries. In South Korea, the prevalence of obesity is low as per OECD data, though it is expected to increase in the coming years. The prevalence of diabetes is increasing among all age groups. In South Korea, 6.79% of the total population is diabetic. In Asia, South Korea is credited as one of the countries that provide internationally recognized medical and healthcare facilities. Therefore, people from western countries prefer South Korea for bariatric surgery, thus augmenting the market growth. Thailand faces the second-highest obesity prevalence in Southeast Asia at 8.5%, following Malaysia. The prevalence of obesity is expected to drive the market. Vietnam recorded the highest growth in obesity in Southeast Asia in 2010-2014. Medical care is far more economical in Vietnam than in Thailand, Singapore, and Taiwan. The increasing obesity, along with medical tourism, is expected to drive the market. In the rest of Asia Pacific, obesity had reached frightening levels in the ASEAN economic community, which will boost the bariatric surgery market in the region.
Some of the distinguished companies operating in the region are Aspire Bariatrics, Abbott Laboratories, GE Healthcare, Lupin Ltd, Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon, Inc), etc.
Our report offerings include:
• Explore key findings of the overall market
• Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
• Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
• Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
• Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
• Key analytics: Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
• Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
• Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook