Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends, Market Size and Forecasts up to 2024
The report on global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period of 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market to grow with a CAGR of 8.2% over the forecast period of 2018-2024. The study on pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market covers the analysis of the leading geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW for the period of 2016 to 2024.
A method used to manufacture or process raw material without interruption is called as continuous manufacturing or flow production. Continuous manufacturing is contrasted with batch production. Pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing technology reduces manual intervention due to controlled units that provide a high level of automation. This units operate 24 hours per day, seven days per week with rare maintenance shutdowns, thus increasing and utilizing the production capacity and profitability. This technology helps in reducing inconsistency; higher yields; increased profitability; and lower manufacturing and equipment cost.
Productive capacity is the maximum possible output of an economy. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), no agreed-upon definition of maximum output exists. Hence utilization of product capacity in the continuous manufacturing is driving the growth of the market significantly. This manufacturing technology provides better way of manufacturing drug products that saves time, improve quality, create more flexibility in production quantities, reduce required production and the material that is to be developed this may turn into the additional positive factor driving the demand growth. Moreover, FDA has developed a program on advancement of emerging technology applications to modernize pharmaceutical manufacturing base and frequent discussion with the agency before implementation of manufacturing technology. However, high implementation cost of automated units for continuous manufacturing are likely to restrain the growth of the market. The Merger and acquisition and joint venture among the leading player will bring more opportunities to this market.
Europe is expected to be the largest market for Pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing followed by Asia-Pacific. The demand for advance technology from is high and presence of many contract manufacturing organization has boost the market in the region. The U.K. and Germany are the leading revenue generating countries in this region. The growth in Asia Pacific is mainly driven by China and India, due to presence of number of contract manufacturing companies. Growing suitability of technologically advanced continuous manufacturing and rising awareness about the advantages of the technology, China is considered to be the largest market in this region.
With the new level of productivity Siemens is working to develop experimental plants with the help of continuous manufacturing, they are working in collaboration with number of pharmaceutical companies as well as the original equipment manufacturers. Initiatives by FDA to switch from current batch process to continuous manufacturing technology drives interest among the pharmaceutical companies, for instance in 2016, the FDA approved Johnson & Johnson’s switch from batch to continuous manufacturing for the production of Prezista, a drug used to treat HIV. Moreover, in 2017 Seimens has signed a partnership with GEA to bring an integrated continuous manufacturing of tablets. On other hand, GlaxoSmithKline has collaborated with Pfizer, GEA and G-CON Manufacturing to design a next-generation portable, continuous, miniature and modular (PCMM) prototype for development, clinical trials and commercial manufacturing.
The report on pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, IGR- Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
A) Primary Research
Our primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents. The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with Infinium Global Research
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Our primary research respondents typically include
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
B) Secondary Research
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. At Infinium Global Research, each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
• Maximum utilization of production capacity
• Advancement of emerging technology applications to modernize pharmaceutical manufacturing
• High cost of implementation of automated units
• Collaboration and joint venture will create more opportunities for the leading players
The global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market is segmented on the basis of distribution channel, application type and end user.
Global Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market by Distribution Channel
Global Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market by Application Type
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
Global Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market by End User
Contract Manufacturing Organization
Corning Life Sciences
Scott Equipment Company
S K Biotek ltd
How this report delivers?
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global pharmaceutical continuous manufacturing market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. IGR- Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook