Implantable drug delivery devices market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends, Market Size, and Forecasts up to 2024
The report on global Implantable drug delivery devices market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period of 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global Implantable drug delivery devices market to grow with a CAGR of 6.22% over the forecast period of 2018-2024. The study on Implantable drug delivery devices market covers the analysis of the leading geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and RoW for the period of 2016 to 2024.
The global implantable drug delivery devices market is set to experience substantial growth over the forecast period. Primarily driven by increasing population, rise in number of cancer cases, growing number of cardiology, ophthalmology abnormalities, trend of contraception and technological advancements. On the other hand, the risk of infection, risk of overdose/under-dose due to technical difficulty of the devices, high cost will likely to restrain the growth of the market. Merger and acquisition activities among leading service providers will enlighten the opportunities for the same market for the growth over the forecast period. The global implantable drug delivery devices market was worth USD 13,499.43 million in 2017 and it is projected to reach USD 20,589.07 million in 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 6.22% between 2018 and 2024.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 30% of the deaths occurred from cardiovascular disease (particularly from coronary heart disease) across worldwide and the number of cases has been rapidly growing. In addition, the worldwide prevalence of glaucoma varies from 2% to 6%, (found highest in the South Africa). In South Korea, prevalence of glaucoma has been increased 54% between 2008 and 2013.
Furthermore, the rising number of cancer cases is another factor that propels the growth of the implantable drug delivery devices market. According to GLOBOCAN, the incidence of cervical cancer is significantly high in North America region as compared to Asia-Pacific region. But high diagnosis and treatment rate of cervical cancer in North America region lower the rate of growth of cervical cancer cases in North America. On the other hand, low cervical cancer screening rate in Asia-Pacific region leads to rapid increment of cases of cervical cancer in Asia-Pacific region.
Rising number of coronary heart diseases, glaucoma, cancer cases across worldwide will primarily drive the demand of the global implantable drug delivery devices market.
The report on Implantable drug delivery devices market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global Implantable drug delivery devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global Implantable drug delivery devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, IGR- Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
A) Primary Research
Our primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents. The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with Infinium Global Research
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Our primary research respondents typically include
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
B) Secondary Research
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. At Infinium Global Research, each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global Implantable drug delivery devices market is segmented on the basis of product type, technology and applications.
Global Implantable drug delivery devices market by Product Type
Coronary Drug Eluting Stent
Implantable Contraceptive Devices
Implantable Intraocular Devices
Drug Infusion Pumps
Global Implantable drug delivery devices market by Technology
Global Implantable drug delivery devices market by Applications
Boston Scientific Corporation
Mecrk & Co., Inc
How this report delivers?
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of Implantable drug delivery devices market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in Implantable drug delivery devices market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global Implantable drug delivery devices market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. IGR- Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.