Automotive Semiconductor Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends, Market Size and Forecasts up to 2024
The report on global automotive semiconductor market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period of 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global automotive semiconductor market to grow with a CAGR of 6.4 % over the forecast period of 2018-2024. The study on automotive semiconductor market covers the analysis of the leading geographies such as North America, Europe Asia-Pacific and RoW for the period of 2016 to 2024.
The global automotive semiconductor market was worth USD 36.4 billion in 2017 and it is projected to grow substantially over the next six years. The growth in this market is primarily driven by factors such as adoption of advance driver assistance system in vehicles for safety & better driving experience, growing trends towards electric or hybrid cars. Furthermore, increase environmental regulations, emission regulations, increased focus on power efficiency and government encouragement policy to further boost the demand for automotive semiconductor products. On the other hand, economic slowdown in emerging countries are likely to hinder the growth in this market over the forecast period. In addition, fluctuations in the raw material prices are likely to restrain the growth in this market over the forecast period
Among the regions, the Europe region accounted for the largest market share in 2017, while the North America region accounted for the second largest market for automotive semiconductor market. Presence of major OEM manufacturers of automotive semiconductors products as well as presence of major automobile companies in Europe is one of the primary reasons for the growth factors in the European automotive semiconductor market. The significant rise in population of youth and growing disposable income per capita is likely to augment the growth in the Asia-Pacific region over the next six years. As a result the automotive semiconductor market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR among the regions in the world market over the forecast period.
The report on automotive semiconductor market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global automotive semiconductor market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global automotive semiconductor market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, IGR- Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
A) Primary Research
Our primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents. The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with Infinium Global Research
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Our primary research respondents typically include
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
B) Secondary Research
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. At Infinium Global Research, each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global automotive semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of by component type, by vehicle type and by application.
Global Automotive Semiconductor Market by Component Type
Discreet Power Devices
Global Automotive Semiconductor Market by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Semiconductor Market by Application
Safety & Control
Comfort & Control
NXP Semiconductors N.V.
Renesas Electronics Corp.
Infineon Technologies AG
Robert Bosch GmbH
Texas Instruments, Inc.
ON Semiconductor Corp.
ROHM Co., Ltd.
Analog Devices Inc.
Panasonic Industrial Devices & Solutions
How this report delivers?
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of automotive semiconductor market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in automotive semiconductor market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global automotive semiconductor market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. IGR- Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook