Natural and Organic Food Market in the US 2015-2019
Market outlook of natural and organic food in the US
The consumer demand for organic products has broadened. Natural and organic food stores and cooperatives are not the only vendors, but mainstream mass market stores and retailers like Tesco, Wal-Mart and Costco now provide organic products such as organic tea, cereals, oats and fats, seasonings like ketchup, spices powder and many others. Technavio's market research analysts predict the natural and organic food market in the US to grow at a CAGR of over 14% in 2014.
The US dominates the global organic food market, and Germany and France follow it. US contributes almost 50% to the global market share, primarily because of the increased awareness about healthy lifestyles and healthy food among the US population.
Market segmentation by type
- Natural food market
- Organic food market
The natural food segment is expected to dominate the natural and organic food market in the US during the forecast period. An increase in the number of private labels, a limited number of government regulations, and rising natural food retail outlets fosters the growth of this market. Amazon entered the organic retail market with more than 100 organic brands ranging from snacks to oils and beans in 2014.
Natural and organic food market segmentation in the US by distribution channel
- Mass merchandise
- Natural health farms
The natural and organic food market in the US was dominated by the mass merchandiser segment in 2014, and it accounted for a market share of approximately 45%-47%. The retail mass merchandisers segment is primarily a mass merchandiser and includes supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount houses, and warehouse clubs.
Leading vendors analyzed in the report
- Amy's Kitchen
- General Mills
- Nature's Path Foods
- Organic Valley
The other prominent vendors of this market include Albert's Organic, Chiquita Brands International, Dean Foods, Eden Foods, Gardenburger, General Mills, Gerber Products, Heinz, Keurig Green Mountain Natural Value, New Organics, Quaker Oats, Sunopta, Wal-Mart Stores, and Whole Foods.Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the natural and organic food in the US?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the natural and organic food in the US?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the natural and organic food in the US?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas?
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the natural and organic food in the US?
- Growth forecast of the natural and organic food in the US until 2019?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Natural Food Colors Market 2015-2019
- Global Natural Antioxidants Market 2015-2019
- Global Natural and Synthetic Food Colors Market 2015-2019
- Natural and Organic Personal Care Product Market in Europe 2015-2019