Global Motorcycle Clutch Market 2017-2021
About Motorcycle Clutch
The global motorcycle market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period, owing to the volatile petroleum prices and fuel efficiency of these vehicles when compared with other automobiles. In addition, it is the preferred mode of transportation for daily commuters in countries like China and India. For instance, APAC accounted for 80% of share in the global motorcycle market, and we expect it to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
Technavio’s analysts forecast the global motorcycle clutch market to grow at a CAGR of 7.46% during the period 2017-2021.
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global motorcycle clutch market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of motorcycle clutch.
The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
Technavio Announces the Publication of its Research Report – Global Motorcycle Clutch Market 2017-2021
Technavio recognizes the following companies as the key players in the global motorcycle clutch market: Exedy, Ricardo, Schaeffler Group, and F.C.C.
Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: Hyper Racer, SURFLEX, Sigma Performance, Hinson Racing, and Yoyodyne
Commenting on the report, an analyst from Technavio’s team said: “Globally, the slipper clutch market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.42% during the forecast period, and the market will reach the total sales volume of 572,057 units. The above-mentioned sales volume includes complete two-wheeler segments that include scooters and motorcycles. However, the use of slipper clutch will be maximum in motorcycles where there is a manual transmission. Growth in the slipper clutch market will have a direct impact on the motorcycle clutch market. The premium motorcycle manufacturing OEMs have started to improve the performance of lower displacement vehicles by implementing ABS and slipper clutch to penetrate the cost-sensitive markets in APAC.”
According to the report, semi-automatic motorcycles are differentiated by their type of transmission controls they use. The semi-automatic motorcycles come with dual clutch transmission variant and with other transmission types. The other type of transmission controls other than dual clutch is dominating in terms of volume. Dual clutch accounted for 16.3% of the global sales volume in 2016 and remaining 83.7% was accounted by other transmission control types. During the forecast period, the sales of the semi-automatic motor cycles are expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.34%. The clutches used in semi-automatic vehicles are more expensive when compared to manual transmission motorcycles. So, increase in the sales of the semi-automatic motorcycle will drive the sales of the clutches in terms of price. The sales volume of the semi-automatic motorcycle is expected to grow to 1.71 million units by 2021 from 1.12 million units in 2016. Also, installation of newer technology like the dual clutch transmission is increasing and it is predicted that by 2021, the percentage share of dual clutch transmission will be 41.29% in terms of sales volume. And other transmission will have only 58.71%. This will be a great price driver for the clutch market in the forecast period.
Further, the report states that the major component used in a typical motorcycle clutch is steel. So, there will be a direct impact on the manufacturing cost if there is any fluctuation in the price of the steel. The global steel market is expected to grow if the producers can find a right balance between globalization and customization. It has been observed that the hike in coal price will further increase the cost of steel making. The price of the premium coking coal price has been increased since October 2016 from $213 per ton to $309 per ton by the end of third quarter of the financial year 2016
Exedy, Ricardo, Schaeffler Group, F.C.C, Hyper Racer, SURFLEX, Sigma Performance, Hinson Racing, and Yoyodyne