Global MOCVD in Power Electronics 2015-2019Competitive landscape and key vendors
Market outlook of the global MOCVD in power electronics
MOCVD or metal-organic chemical vapor deposition is a technique used by semiconductor manufacturers depositing very thin layer of compound semiconductor material onto a semiconductor wafer. It is mainly used in the manufacturing process of III-V compound semiconductors, especially for those that use gallium nitride (GaN). These semiconductors are the most essential base material for manufacturing LEDs, lasers, power electronics, and photovoltaic cells.
The global MOCVD in power electronics is expected to witness a rapid growth during the forecast period, posting a CAGR of more than 40%, due to the increasing adoption of power electronic devices in various sectors. The requirement for generating electrical energy from renewable energy sources is rising rapidly across the globe, which is likely to boost the adoption of power electronics in different renewable technologies such as solar and wind power. Technavio expects the MOCVD market for power electronics to see a surge in demand due to the increasing use of more energy efficient and high performance power electronics in renewable sector during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation of the MOCVD in power electronics
Currently, the market is dominated by the APAC region, accounting for more than half the demand for MOCVD in power electronic devices. Countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea are the highest adopters of MOCVD equipment and have incorporated this technology into the power electronic devices. Europe and the US are also active in this segment with leading players for application of power electronics in PV inverter, motor control, and traction and grid systems.
At present, the global MOCVD in power electronics has few vendors and is strongly dominated by Veeco and Aixtron. There are a few number of small emerging players, mostly from China, who are involved in the manufacturing of MOCVD equipment for power electronics.
Top vendors in this market are -
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp
- Veeco Instruments
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Agnitron Technology Inc., Alliance MOCVD, LLC, CVD Equipment Corporation, HC Semitek, PLANSEE, Wolfe Engineering, Xycarb Ceramics.
Growth drivers, challenges, and upcoming trends: MOCVD in power electronicsTechnavio highlights upcoming trends such as the emergence of high powered electronic devices that are quick, prompt, innovative, light weight, energy efficient, and small in size. Thus, GaN emerged. The GaN technology, when equipped in today's high powered devices, are delivering high speed, accuracy and reliability. Also, they are energy efficient and are small enough to fit into small devices.
This report provides a number of factors contributing to the adoption, limitations, and opportunities of the global MOCVD in power electronics. It also offers an analysis of each factor and an estimation of the extent to which the factors are likely to impact the overall market growth.Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global MOCVD in power electronics?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global MOCVD in power electronics?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global MOCVD in power electronics?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global MOCVD in power electronics?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, EMEA, and the Americas?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global MOCVD in power electronics?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition Equipment Market 2014-2018
- Global Chemical Vapor Deposition Market 2014-2018
- Global Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition Market 2012-2016