Global Barium Carbonate Market 2017-2021
About Barium Carbonate
Barium carbonate is an inorganic chemical with the formula BaCO3. It is an odorless, white-colored powder found naturally in witherite. The commercial production of barium carbonate involves synthetic routes that result in high-purity granular or powdered forms of barium carbonate. The granular and the powdered forms contain 98% of barium carbonate and have the same chemical composition but vary in size. The rest 2% consists of barium sulfate. Granular bio carbonate consists of large particles, whereas the powdered form has smaller particles.
Technavio’s analysts forecast the global barium carbonate market to grow at a CAGR of 3.91% during the period 2017-2021.
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global barium carbonate market for 2017-2021. The report presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources.
The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
Technavio Announces the Publication of its Research Report – Global Barium Carbonate Market 2017-2021
Technavio recognizes the following companies as the key players in the global barium carbonate market: Hengyang Wanfeng Chemical, Honeywell International, SAKAI CHEMICAL INDUSTRY, Shaanxi Ankang Jiang Hua Group, and Solvay.
Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: American Elements, Chemical Products Corporation, Hebei Xinji Chemical Group, Hengyang Xieli Chemical, Hubei Jingshan Chutian Barium Salt, IBC, Norkem, Rahul Barium Salts, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, and Zaozhuang City Yongli Chemical.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from Technavio’s team said: “One trend in the market is increasing use of barium carbonate in radiation shielding. Earlier, lead glass was the ideal choice for radiation shielding because of its high refractive index. However, the toxic content in this glass caused health hazards and environmental pollution and was thus replaced by barium carbonate. Barium compounds were found to be suitable replacements for lead in lead-free glass production.”
According to the report, one driver in the market is rising demand for barium carbonate from glass industry. The glass industry exhibits the highest demand for barium carbonate. A key advantage of using barium carbonate is that it imparts luster and increases the refractive index of the glass. It is used in the preparation of capillary glass columns. Barium carbonate exhibits certain physical and oxide sourcing characteristics in ceramic glazes. It supplies barium oxide (BaO) to glazes that may be soluble in acid that meets the glaze surface. The chemical balance glaze is a factor on which its solvency is dependent upon and the extent to which it bonds barium oxide molecules into the glass structure.
Further, the report states that one challenge in the market is stringent anti-dumping policies. In India, the anti-dumping duties are imposed by the Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties, and the Department of Commerce to promote a fair and open market for competition. Barium carbonate imported from China is dumped and causes material damage to the barium carbonate market in India. To prevent the domestic market from any further damages, the government of India imposes anti-dumping duties on barium carbonate imported from China. The European Union also imposes anti-dumping policies.
Hengyang Wanfeng Chemical, Honeywell International, SAKAI CHEMICAL INDUSTRY, Shaanxi Ankang Jiang Hua Group, Solvay, American Elements, Chemical Products Corporation, Hebei Xinji Chemical Group, Hengyang Xieli Chemical, Hubei Jingshan Chutian Barium Salt, IBC, Norkem, Rahul Barium Salts, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, and Zaozhuang City Yongli Chemical.