Global Advanced Phase Change Material Market 2015-2019
About phase change materials
Phase change materials are products that release or absorb heat when they change from one phase to another (usually from solid to liquid or vice versa). These materials store thermal energy in the form of latent heat, which is released when they freeze or crystallize and absorbed when they melt at their respective melting/freezing temperature points. Hence, they are used in a broad range of applications that require thermal control and management.
Phase change materials are available as either dispersible solutions or powder forms that can be re-dispersed. They are usually encapsulated and integrated into other materials. Encapsulated forms of phase change materials are also used in products that do not require integration. For instance, producers of phase change material-based ceiling and flooring systems offer packaged products that can be placed above ceilings and/or placed between flooring screed and hence does not require integration within the flooring or ceiling material. They are used in a wide range of applications such as automotive, building and construction, cold chain solutions, and packaging.
Technavio's analysts forecast the global advanced phase change materials market to grow at a CAGR of 20.03% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global advanced phase change materials market for 2015-2019. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated through the sales of phase change materials by vendors. It also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top six vendors in the market.
The report also provides data on the different segments of the market, which are based on the following criteria:
Technavio Announces the Publication of its Research Report – Global Advanced Phase Change Material Market 2015-2019
Technavio recognizes the following companies as the key players in the Global Advanced Phase Change Material Market: BASF, Cryopak, Entropy Solutions, Honeywell Electronic Materials, Outlast Technologies and Phase Change Energy Solutions
Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: AI Technology, Croda International, DuPont, Henkel, Laird, Parker Chomerics, PCM Products, Phase Change Products, Pluss Polymers, Rgees and Rubitherm Technologies
Commenting on the report, an analyst from Technavio’s team said: “Advanced phase-change materials are relatively new in the market and their adoption and incorporation in end-use products necessitates the provision of adequate support services. As awareness of the benefits of these materials is low, such support services also serve the purpose of dissipating product knowledge among end-users. Vendors in the market such as Pluss Polymers offer consultancy services for its clients, which involve the design of thermal energy storage systems that incorporate advanced phase-change materials. BASF introduced a new mobile application in March 2015 that aids building designers and architects in evaluating the contribution that phase-change-material-based building products have on energy savings. Of all the vendors in the market, 75% are focusing on the provision of support services; the remaining 25% are not.”
According to the report, there has been continuous innovation in the global advanced phase-change materials market, with an increasing number of vendors introducing novel products for new applications. Vendors work in close collaboration with producers of phase-change- materials-based end-use products to develop customized solutions. Innovation is high in most applications of phase-change materials, such as packaging and electronics, and this is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Rubitherm offers Rubitherm SP, a phase-change material with both organic and inorganic compounds, which has low flammability compared to other products. This product is used in construction applications.
Further, the report states that there are many technical issues that need to be addressed when phase-change materials are integrated or used in conjunction with other materials.
BASF, Cryopak, Entropy Solutions, Honeywell Electronic Materials, Outlast Technologies, Phase Change Energy Solutions, AI Technology, Croda International, DuPont, Henkel, Laird, Parker Chomerics, PCM Products, Phase Change Products, Pluss Polymers, Rgees, Rubitherm Technologies