Perspective: The Government IT Contract Landscape — A Look at Top Dollar IT Contracts With a Review of Common Contracting Agreements and Terms
This IDC Government Insights Perspective reviews government information technology (IT) procurement. Government information technology procurement can be a confusing realm. When we talk to both IT vendors and government IT managers, it quickly becomes apparent that most are familiar with the paths they commonly use to obtain technology solutions, but they are not always familiar with the full breadth of IT procurement options.
This is no surprise. The landscape of contracts for federal government information technology purchases is ever changing, even as some elements remain universal. To help frame a discussion on the current federal procurement landscape, this document offers a brief background on current procurement terms and contract types, and then looks at top popular current and future government IT contracts. If you work in government procurement, you will likely recognize some, but maybe not all, of what is covered here.
This document has three distinct sections:
- The Types of U.S. Government Contracts section provides definitions and details on the multiple types of contracts used in the federal government today.
- The Popular Current GWACs section focuses on the highest dollar value contract agreements today, with details (when available) on which are the leading vendors within those contracts.
- The Acquisition Contracts Pipeline — Potential New Acquisition Programs section looks at some of the top upcoming contract vehicles.
Extended description available upon request.
- In This Perspective
- The Difference Between Big Procurement Contracts and Big IT Projects
- Types of U.S. Government Contracts
- Contract Types and Terms
- Drivers of Modern IT Contracting
- Popular Current GWACs
- Alliant Small Business
- GSA Networx
- ENCORE II
- Eagle II
- 8(a) STARS II
- Advice for Small Businesses Looking to Participate in GWACs
- The Acquisition Contracts Pipeline — Potential New Acquisition Programs
- Top 5 Upcoming Contracts for DoD Agencies
- Responsive Strategic Sourcing for Services
- Information Technology Enterprise Solutions-3 Services
- Defense Medical Information Systems/Systems Integration, Design, Development, Operations, and Maintenance Services
- ENCORE III
- Global Tactical Advanced Communications Systems
- Top 5 Upcoming Contracts for Civilian Agencies
- Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology Next Generation
- Human Capital and Training Solutions
- Network Services 2020
- Entry/Exit Transformation
- Unified Program Integrity Contractor
- Bottom Line — The Target Is Always Moving
- Learn More
- Related Research
- Table: Networx Revenue Breakdown of Top 7 Services, FY 2Q15