The MVNO Opportunity in Africa
This IDC Insight assesses the MVNO landscape in Africa, and examines the key drivers and inhibitors of MVNO growth while looking at the key opportunities that exist for MVNOs in the future. It also offers strategic recommendations for existing and prospective MVNOs throughout Africa.
Please Note: Extended description available upon request.
- IDC Opinion
- In This Insight
- Situation Overview
- Drivers of MVNO Growth in Africa
- Inhibitors of MVNO Growth in Africa
- Future Outlook
- Key Opportunities for MVNOs in Africa
- A Multi-SIM Environment: MVNOs' Lifeline in Africa?
- Mobile Money
- Discount Services
- Triple-Play or Quad-Play Services?
- Compelling VAS and Monetizing OTT
- Rural Connectivity
- Public WiFi
- Essential Guidance
- Leverage Brands and Focus on Scalable Niche Segments
- Define What to Do In-House Versus Through the Host Carrier
- Ensure Operational Excellence and Avoid Sparking Price Wars
- Leverage Customer Base and Distribution Infrastructure
- Provide a Positive Regulatory Environment