IoT Platforms — A European Analysis, 2016
This IDC study is a European analysis of IoT platforms today. This has been a hotly debated topic in the past couple of years and this document sheds light on its evolution, concept, challenges, competitive environment and its crucial role for IoT to thrive in the digital era.
Please Note: Extended description available upon request.
- IDC Opinion
- In This Study
- Situation Overview
- Why IoT Platforms?
- Essential Technical Features of an IoT Platform
- Different Generations of IoT platforms
- Competitive Environment
- IoT Ecosystems
- Business Impact of IoT Platforms
- Important Barriers in IoT Platforms
- Lack of Common Standards
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Network Security
- IP Addresses and Identity Management
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Future Outlook
- Essential Guidance
- Learn More
- Related Research