TV & Video Services Markets in North America
Video on Demand
This TV and Video Market observatory covers North America (Canada and the United States).
It contains historic data going back to 2015, and market forecasts up to 2023.
It covers how viewers access TV programming along with TV and OTT service revenue. The leading players’ audience and viewer data are also documented, segment by segment.
The Excel dataset is completed by a summary that delivers insights on the findings and the major trends in markets and services.
This report is part of our global Television and Video Market observatory. This includes dedicated publications on Middle East-Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific regions, as well as a consolidated global edition.
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Audiovisual consumption
- 2.1. Steady decline in TV viewing in North America
- 2.2. Are we seeing a free to air TV revival?
- 3. TV access technologies
- 3.1. North America hit hard by cord cutting
- 3.2. Return of the rooftop antennae and free to air TV in the steaming era
- 4. TV & video revenue
- 4.1. TV market value continues to shrink in North America
- 4.2. OTT continues to rise
- 4.3. OTT growth barely offsetting TV revenue losses
- 5. Market players
- 5.1. An increasingly concentrated market in the United States
- 5.2. Veteran players’ OTT-centric responses
- List of tables and figures
- Audiovisual consumption
- Average video screen time in the United States
- Average TV screen time in the United States
- TV access technologies
- Progression in the pay-TV penetration rate in North America
- Progression of pay-TV subscriber numbers in North America, by access technology
- Average growth of OTA households in North America between 2015 and 2018
- Change in the number of TV households in North America by access network, between 2015 and 2018
- Change in the percentage and number of terrestrial TV households in North America, 2018-2023
- TV & video revenue
- Pay-TV revenue growth in North America in 2018
- Progression of TV revenue in North America, 2015-2023
- OTT revenue growth in North America in 2018
- Progression of OTT revenue in North America, 2015-2023
- OTT‘s share of TV and video revenue in 2023
- Progression of linear TV and OTT market revenue in North America, 2015-2023
- Market players
- Snapshot of the top media companies in the United States
- Top TV and video market mergers and acquisitions in the United States between 2015 and 2018
- Subscriber growth for the top OTT services in the United States, 2013-2018