Broadcast & Broadband TV – New choices and trade-offs in video distribution
This report analyses new approaches to TV and video distribution. It begins by setting out the changes being ushered in by the growing use of streaming, initially for on-demand video services, and now more and more for linear programming as well. Two other, intertwined disruptions are also explored, namely the growing use of mobile devices for watching video, and social media sites’ ever increasing role in video consumption.
The report then goes on to explore the solutions being designed to meet the demands of this changing environment:
1. Executive Summary
3. Growing prominence of streaming video
4. Optimising online video distribution
5. New hybrid services: playing to each network’s strength
6. Boosting the transition to IP
7. Smart or dumb pipes for telcos and cable companies?
8. A new economic equation for media companies
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook