Global Military Shipbuilding & Submarines
Over the past five years, the Global Military Shipbuilding and Submarines industry was greatly impacted by declining defense spending in the United States and Europe. The global economic slowdown stunted industry growth as Western governments attempted to deal with widening budget deficits by cutting defense spending, which led to less funding for industry programs. In the coming years, continued economic growth and geopolitical tensions in Asia are anticipated to encourage more countries in the region to spend on industry products. At the same time, despite overall defense cuts, the United States is also expected to increase spending on new ships, as it pivots its navy towards more maritime focused Asia, while also modernizing its fleet.
Firms in this industry operate shipyards or boatyards. Shipyards are fixed facilities with dry docks and fabrication equipment capable of building a naval ship. These establishments manufacture frigates, destroyers, cruisers, amphibious transport ships, aircraft carriers, patrol ships and submarines. They also provide naval ship repair and conversion activities. Boat manufacturers build boats, cabin cruisers, dinghies, jet boats, patrol boats and rowboats for navies and coast guards.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
BAE Systems plc
General Dynamics Corporation
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc.
United Shipbuilding Corp.
- About This Industry
- Industry Performance
- Table Global Military Shipbuilding & Submarines Industry Revenue
- Products & Markets
- Table Products and services segmentation (2015)
- Table Major market segmentation (2015)
- Table Revenue (2015)
- Competitive Landscape
- Table Industry Costs (2015)
- Table Barriers to Entry checklist
- Major Companies
- Table Major Players (Market Share)
- Table Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. - financial performance
- Table General Dynamics Corporation (industry-specifc) - financial performance
- Table BAE Systems plc (marine segment) - financial performance**
- Table United Shipbuilding Company (industry-specific) financial performance*
- Table DCNS SA (industry-specific) financial performance*
- Operating Conditions
- Key Statistics
- Table Industry Data
- Table Annual Change
- Table Key Ratios