Global Marine & Container Terminal Operation
Global marine terminal operators are both literally and figuratively perfectly poised to take advantage of growth in international trade. The main factors propelling the Global Marine and Container Terminal Operation industry's growth in the past 15 years have been trade liberalization, world economic activity and ongoing growth in Asian economies. Prior to the recession, global trade boomed and industries were transformed as supply chains grew in complexity. Looking ahead, the industry is expected to benefit in the next five years from improving trade levels, which will drive demand for the logistics and shipping sectors.
Companies in the industry operate ports and terminals (including docking and pier facilities). Main activities include the loading and unloading of cargo containers from ships, arranging paperwork for incoming shipments to meet customs requirements, operating a computer system to connect cargo with recipients and transferring cargo onto trucks and trains.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
AP Moller - Maersk A/S
PSA International Pte Ltd
Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.
- About This Industry
- Industry Performance
- Table Global Marine & Container Terminal Operation Industry Revenue
- Products & Markets
- Table Products and services segmentation (2015)
- Table Major market segmentation (2015)
- Table Container throughput (2012)
- Competitive Landscape
- Table Industry Costs (2015)
- Table Barriers to Entry checklist
- Major Companies
- Table Major Players (Market Share)
- Table Hutchison Whampoa Ltd (industry-specific) financial performance*
- Table AP Moller - Maersk A/S (APM Terminals) - financial performance
- Table DP World - financial performance
- Table PSA International Pte Ltd. - financial performance*
- Operating Conditions
- Key Statistics
- Table Industry Data
- Table Annual Change
- Table Key Ratios