Global Life & Health Insurance Carriers
The financial collapse and subsequent recession damaged industry revenue through declines in investment income and policy lapses. However, these trends have largely reversed in recent years, and revenue for the Global Life and Health Insurance Carriers industry has grown. Conditions are expected to continue improving over the next five years, as rises in disposable income levels drive demand for insurance.
Insurers in this industry directly underwrite insurance policies relating to life, health, accident and medical risks. Underwriting insurance policies involves assuming risks and assigning premiums. Life and health insurers generate revenue, not only through the specific activity of insurance underwriting, but also by investing premiums and annuity contracts. The industry excludes social health insurance programs that are established and funded by governments.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Prudential Financial Inc.
Anthem Insurance Companies Inc.
- About This Industry
- Industry Performance
- Table Global Life & Health Insurance Carriers Industry Revenue
- Products & Markets
- Table Products and services segmentation (2015)
- Table Major market segmentation (2015)
- Table Revenue (2014)
- Competitive Landscape
- Table Industry Costs (2015)
- Table Barriers to Entry checklist
- Major Companies
- Table Major Players (Market Share)
- Table UnitedHealth Group (health and medical insurance operations) - financial performance
- Table Anthem Insurance Companies (health and medical insurance operations) - financial performance
- Table MetLife Inc. (global life and health insurance) - financial performance*
- Table Prudential Financial Inc. (global life and health insurance) - financial performance*
- Operating Conditions
- Key Statistics
- Table Industry Data
- Table Annual Change
- Table Key Ratios