Global Internet Service Providers
The Global Internet Service Providers industry remains one of the gastest-growing industries in the global economy. Explosive growth is being propelled by rapid advancements in internet-related infrastructure and services, particularly in developing economies where internet penetration remains low. Although developed markets such as Europe, North America and North Asia continue to dominate the industry, internet penetration in emerging markets has increased rapidly in recent years, despite competition from mobile broadband, which is not included in this industry. Over the next five years, industry revenue is expected to continue growing strongly, though competition will put pressure on profit and encourage greater consolidation.
Industry operators provide internet access via wired networks. Some internet service providers (ISPs) offer extra services such as web hosting, web page designing and connectivity consulting. ISPs may provide local or national coverage to retail clients or deliver backbone services, except telecommunications carriers, to other ISPs. This industry excludes wireless internet services provided by wireless carriers, which is covered in I5111-GL Global Wireless Telecommunications Carriers.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Verizon Communications Inc.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.
China Telecommunications Corp.
- About This Industry
- Industry Performance
- Table Global Internet Service Providers Industry Revenue
- Products & Markets
- Table Products and services segmentation (2015)
- Table Major market segmentation (2015)
- Table Revenue (2012)
- Competitive Landscape
- Table Industry Costs (2015)
- Table Barriers to Entry checklist
- Major Companies
- Table Major Players (Market Share)
- Table Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (IP/Packet communication services revenue) - financial performance**
- Table AT&T Inc. (Wireline data services revenue) - financial performance
- Table Verizon Communications (industry-relevant wireline revenue) - financial performance*
- Table China Telecom (internet access services segment) - financial performance
- Table Comcast Corporation (Residential and business high-speed internet) - financial performance*
- Operating Conditions
- Key Statistics
- Table Industry Data
- Table Annual Change
- Table Key Ratios