Global Consumer Electronics Manufacturing
Over the five years to 2015, the Global Consumer Electronics Manufacturing industry has endured a slump in shipments of TVs, the industry's main product. While developed economies increased demand for industry products following the recession, this demand also resulted in market saturation; furthermore, demand for industry products in emerging economies has also stagnated thanks to a lack of affordable options. Over the five years to 2020, revenue is expected to increase thanks to higher demand in emerging economies resulting from higher disposable incomes and relatively lower penetration of many consumer electronic products.
This industry manufactures electronic audio and video equipment for home entertainment, motor vehicle, public address and musical instrument amplifications. Examples of products include TVs, stereo equipment, speaker systems, consumer video cameras, jukeboxes and amplifiers for musical instruments and public address systems. Note that personal telecommunication devices and portable computing devices are not included in this industry.
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
LG Electronics Inc.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- About This Industry
- Industry Performance
- Table Global Consumer Electronics Mnufacturing Industry Revenue
- Products & Markets
- Table Products and Services segmentation (2015)
- Table Major market segmentation (2015)
- Table Revenue (2013)
- Competitive Landscape
- Table Industry Costs (2015)
- Table Barriers to Entry checklist
- Major Companies
- Table Major Playesr (Market Share)
- Table Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (consumer electronics revenue) â€ " financial performance*
- Table LG Electronics Inc. (home entertainment sales) â€ " financial performance*
- Table Panasonic Corporation (AVC Networks) - financial performance*
- Operating Conditions
- Key Statistics
- Table Industry Data
- Table Annual Change
- Table Key Ratios