North America Wheat Protein Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Wheat Gluten, Wheat Protein Isolates), By Application (Animal Feed, Dairy), By Concentration (75%, 80%), And Segment Forecasts, 2023 - 2030
North America Wheat Protein Market Growth & Trends
The North America wheat protein market size is expected to reach USD 3.37 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The product demand is anticipated to be driven by several factors including increasing demand for plant-based protein products, growing consumer interest in healthy food choices, and rising demand for wheat protein in various end-use industries, such as food and beverage, cosmetics, and personal care. In addition, the growing popularity of vegan and vegetarian diets in the region has contributed to market growth. Protein ingredients have major applications in sports nutrition, dietary and nutraceutical supplements, beverages, and animal feed. Dairy proteins are especially in demand for milk-based products like ice creams, frozen desserts, and confectionery due to their texture and taste.
However, the increasing lactose intolerance among consumers poses a challenge to the dairy protein ingredient market. Nonetheless, the demand for dairy-based proteins, such as whey proteins, remains strong as they are integral components of various end-use products like salad dressings, bakery foods, medical nutrition products, and sports nutrition items. Rapid urbanization and changing consumer dietary habits, with a preference for proteins and amino acids among the most popular ingredient classes, support the growth. The demand for on-the-go protein snacks and protein-based functional beverages is on the rise, which also boosts the product in these applications. The growing health consciousness among consumers and the elderly demographics’ shift toward preventive healthcare have fueled the demand for protein ingredients.
Moreover, increasing demand for protein-based ready-to-drink beverages, nutrition bars, and powders among sports enthusiasts supports market growth. Prominent sports and nutrition brands like Optimum Nutrition, Quest Nutrition, NOW Foods, Bio-Engineered Supplements and Nutrition, Inc. (BSN), MuscleTech, MusclePharm, and Met-Rx Substrate Technology, Inc. rely heavily on protein ingredients in their products. The U.S. is witnessing an increased demand for wheat proteins owing to the increasing pet population in the country. According to the 2021-2022 APPA National Pet Owners Survey, USD 50 billion were spent on pet food & treats in the U.S. According to the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA), the U.S. had more than 5,800 animal feed-producing facilities in 2021 and produces over 284 million tons of pet food and finished feed on average every year.
North America Wheat Protein Market Report Highlights
- The wheat gluten product type segment led the market in 2022 owing to its high demand among the vegetarian and vegan populace
- The 80% wheat protein concentration segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGRfrom 2023 to 2030. The rising health and wellness consciousness among consumers has increased the demand for 80% wheat protein concentrate-based products
- For example, U.S.-based provider of food ingredients, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), offers WhetPro 80, a wheat protein used as a binding agent and as a source of protein in food & beverage applications
- Personal care islikely to be the fastest-growing application segment during the projected period as hydrolyzed wheat protein protects the skin and hair against damage, making it an ideal ingredient in skincare and haircare formulations
- The U.S. dominated the overallmarket, in terms of revenue,in 2022
- The key companies have been undertaking various strategies, such as M&Asand capacity expansions, to improve their technical expertise and offer enhanced products
The report will be delivered in 3-8 business days upon order notification.