- Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research methodology
- 1.2. Research scope & assumption
- 1.3. List of data sources
- Chapter 2. Executive Summary
- 2.1. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents - Industry Summary and Key Buying Criteria, 2012 - 2022
- Chapter 3. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents Industry Outlook
- 3.1. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market segmentation
- 3.2. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market size and growth prospects, 2012-2022
- 3.3. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market dynamics
- 3.3.1. Market driver analysis
- 3.3.2. Market restraint analysis
- 3.4. Key opportunities prioritized
- 3.5. Industry analysis - Porter's
- 3.6. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents : Company market share, 2014
- 3.7. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market PESTEL analysis, 2014
- Chapter 4. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents Product Outlook
- 4.1. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market share by product, 2014 & 2022
- 4.2. Topical hemostats market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.2.1. Active market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.2.2. Mechanical market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.2.3. Flowable market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.3. Adhesive & tissue sealant market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.3.1. Synthetic tissue sealant market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.3.2. Natural tissue sealant market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 4.3.3. Adhesion barrier products market estimates and forecasts, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- Chapter 5. Hemostasis and tissue sealing agents Regional Outlook
- 5.1. North America
- 5.1.1. North America market, by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 188.8.131.52. U.S. market estimates and forecasts
- 184.108.40.206. Canada market estimates and forecasts
- 5.2. Europe
- 5.2.1. Europe market, by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 220.127.116.11. UK market estimates and forecasts
- 18.104.22.168. Germany market estimates and forecasts
- 22.214.171.124. France market estimates and forecasts
- 126.96.36.199. Italy market estimates and forecasts
- 188.8.131.52. Spain market estimates and forecasts
- 5.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.3.1. Asia Pacific market, by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 184.108.40.206. Japan market estimates and forecasts
- 220.127.116.11. China market estimates and forecasts
- 18.104.22.168. India market estimates and forecasts
- 5.4. Latin America
- 5.4.1. Latin America market, by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 22.214.171.124. Brazil market estimates and forecasts
- 5.5. MEA
- 5.5.1. MEA market, by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- 126.96.36.199. South Africa market estimates and forecasts
- Chapter 6. Competitive Landscape
- 6.1. Johnson & Johnson
- 6.1.1. Company Overview
- 6.1.2. Financial Performance
- 6.1.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.1.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.2. CryoLife Inc.
- 6.2.1. Company Overview
- 6.2.2. Financial Performance
- 6.2.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.2.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.3. Advance Medical Solution (AMS) Group Plc.
- 6.3.1. Company Overview
- 6.3.2. Financial Performance
- 6.3.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.3.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.4. Cohera Medical Inc.
- 6.4.1. Company Overview
- 6.4.2. Financial Performance
- 6.4.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.4.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.5. Integra Life Sciences Corporation
- 6.5.1. Company Overview
- 6.5.2. Financial Performance
- 6.5.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.5.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Pfizer Inc.
- 6.6.1. Company Overview
- 6.6.2. Financial Performance
- 6.6.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.6.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.7. C R Bard Inc.
- 6.7.1. Company Overview
- 6.7.2. Financial Performance
- 6.7.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.7.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.8. Cohesion Technologies Inc
- 6.8.1. Company Overview
- 6.8.2. Financial Performance
- 6.8.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.8.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.9. HyperBranch Medical Technology
- 6.9.1. Company Overview
- 6.9.2. Financial Performance
- 6.9.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.9.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.10. Biomet Inc.
- 6.10.1. Company Overview
- 6.10.2. Financial Performance
- 6.10.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.10.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.11. Covidien Plc
- 6.11.1. Company Overview
- 6.11.2. Financial Performance
- 6.11.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.11.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.12. B Braun Medical Inc.
- 6.12.1. Company Overview
- 6.12.2. Financial Performance
- 6.12.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.12.4. Strategic Initiatives
- 6.13. Smith & Nephew
- 6.13.1. Company Overview
- 6.13.2. Financial Performance
- 6.13.3. Product Benchmarking
- 6.13.4. Strategic Initiatives
Hemostasis And Tissue Sealing Agents Market Analysis By Product (Topical Hemostats, Active, Mechanical, Flowable Hemostats, Adhesives, Tissue Sealants, Synthetic Tissue Sealant, Natural Tissue Sealant, Adhesion Barrier Products) And Segment Forecasts To 2022
The global hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market is expected to reach USD 7.4 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The global hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market has gained popularity over time due to its ability in preventing blood loss. Rapid growth of minimal invasive technology and rising demand for faster recovery by patients is expected to promote market growth over the forecast period.
According to the CDC, approximately 150 million of American population is currently suffering with at least one chronic condition, which leads to surgeries and even mortality at times. An estimate over the rising incidence was made by the CDC, which concluded that over 48% of the entire American population is expected to suffer by chronic condition.
The demand for wound management is expected to rise with increasing chronic disease incidence over the next seven years. The Public Health Agency of Canada in its report stated that the chronic disease occurrence rate is anticipated to increase by 14% annually and four out of five cases are of high risk requiring immediate treatment and surgeries.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
The hemostats market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over9.0% over the forecast period owing to, the rise in global volume of surgeries and increased applicability across a variety of surgeries. The products avoid occurrence of hypovolemic shock, thrombocytopenia, blood transfusions, and increase in post-operative complications.
Flowable hemostats are a combination of active and mechanical agents. They function by blocking blood flow and also convert fibrinogen into fibrin for the coagulation process to commence. This segment is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of over 10.0% from 2015 to 2022.
North America is estimated to be the largest market for the hemostasis and tissue sealing agents over the forecast period and is expected to account for over 30.0% share by 2022.
Asia Pacific is identified as a lucrative market due to a rapid growth in the surgery volume brought about by the introduction of medical tourism. It is anticipated to account for over 27.0% of the overall market share by 2022. The Europe hemostasis and tissue sealing agents market is expected to be driven by the rise in geriatric population base, which is expected to ultimately lead to a surge in procedure volume.
Some key players of this market include Johnson & Johnson, CryoLife Inc, Pfizer, C R Bard, B Braun, Covidien, and Smith & Nephew.
Market participants are involved in technological advancements in order to ensure sustainability and improve regional presence.
For instance, in March 2015, Ethicon announced higher efficiency of EVARREST fibrin sealant patch as compared to its substitute, TachoSil patch (Baxter). Further study would be conducted at the St. Vincent Heart Centre of Indiana to understand added advantages that the product can offer.
In August 2015, Integra Life Sciences announced a new application of the Integra Dermal Regeneration Template in chronic diabetes-based foot ulcers. The product is expected to be used for treating these ulcers post its approval by the FDA in 2016.