2014 Product Development Matrics Research Summary
The 2014 Product Development Metrics Survey was designed to collect quantitative information about Product Development Metrics; and changes to selected emerging business and market activities that are likely to affect the metrics for corporate organizations and activities involved with R&D and Product Development in the future. Two-hundred (200) companies performing research and/or product development in North America participated.
Findings of this research are currently offered in two reports of increasingly detailed description and analysis: Research Highlights (MR51) and Research Summary (MR52). The first report, MR51 which analyzes the survey population as a whole is an "all text" summary of the research findings. The second report, MR52, contains all text in MR51 plus a full-color graphic of the responses to each research question.
The outline of each 2014 report follows this basic structure:
- R&D Operating Environment: Innovation categories, priorities, and deployment.
- Organic Innovation: Innovation activities originating from within the company.
- Open Innovation: Innovation activities originating from outside the company.
- Intellectual Property: Registered and unregistered IP activities relating to innovation.
- Top Corporate Metrics Used in Industry: CXO-level metrics used to direct and manage R&D.
The outline of each section within the 2014 reports follows the same basic structure.
- Research Questions
- Factual Observations
- Management Analysis
- Graphs Of Responaes
MR52, the 2014 Product Development Metrics Research Summary, is a 138-page report containing text and graphics that describe and analyze the survey population as a whole. The report summarizes the overall survey results and provides details on the demographics of the survey respondents.
- I. KEY FINDINGS
- II. COMPOSITE RESULTS Survey Population Is Analyzed As A Whole
- 1. Respondent Profile
- 2. R&D Operating Environment
- 3. Organic Innovation
- 4. Open Innovation
- 5. Intellectual Property
- 6. Top Corporate Metrics Used in Industry RD&E