Vietnam: Country Intelligence Report
Vietnam: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Vietnam today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Vietnam’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from a recorded $7.2bn (D160trn) in 2017 to $7.6bn (D194trn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 1.0% (3.6% in D) over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in mobile data and fixed broadband revenue. Despite marginal growth over the forecast period, the mobile voice market will remain highest at $3.6bn (D92.9trn) in 2022. Mobile data revenue will reach $2.1bn (D54.2trn) by the end of 2022 at a 5.8% CAGR (8.4% in D) over 2017-2022 due to a rise in adoption of smartphones, subsequent growth in consumption of data and ongoing LTE network expansion. The fixed broadband segment will reach $1.14bn (D29.3trn) by 2022, led by approval of the national broadband plan by the government and an increase in coverage of FTTH services by operators VNPT and Viettel. Vietnam’s pay-TV revenue will decline at a CAGR of -3.4% (-1.0% in D) due to a decline in DTH and cable subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Vietnam.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Vietnam will grow at a CAGR of 1.0% (3.6% in D) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 63.4% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by rising adoption of 4G and mobile broadband services.
- Viettel leads Vietnam’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by MobiFone. Both operators compete on the basis of network expansions and attractive 3G & 4G data plans.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Vietnam’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Vietnam’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Vietnam’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Vietnam.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData