Universal Music Group - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Universal Music Group (UMG), a subsidiary of Vivendi S.A., is a music company which discovers and develops recording artists and markets and promotes music across wide range of formats and platforms. It identifies and develops songwriters and recording artists, and produce, distribute and promote commercially successful music to delight and entertain the customers. UMG is involved in distribution of music through online over cellular, cable and satellite networks. Its portfolio of recorded label includes A&M/Octone, Angel, Astralwerks, Blue Note Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Capitol Records, Capitol Records Nashville, Caroline, Decca, Def Jam Recordings, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy and EMI Records among others. The company operates VEVO, a music video and entertainment platform available through VEVO.com. UMG is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the US.
Universal Music Group Key Recent Developments
Sep 14,2017: Ty Roberts leaves Universal Music as chief technology officer
Aug 16,2017: Scott Greer named EVP of marketing & commerce, Def Jam Recordings
Aug 03,2017: Paul Rosenberg named CEO of Def Jam Recordings
Jul 18,2017: Universal Music Group appoints Adam Granite To executive vice president, market development
Jul 17,2017: Bravado appoints new senior vice president of business development, business and legal affairsReasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.