Turkey: Country Intelligence Report
Turkey: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
GlobalData expects Turkey's total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue to reach $11.2bn in 2018. The total revenue will decline to $10.9bn by 2023, owing to declining ARPUs in mobile data, fixed services and pay-TV segments. However, in terms of local currency the revenue will increase at a CAGR of 5.6%, reflecting high inflation and depreciation of Lira. Revenue from mobile data, which is the highest contributing segment, will experience a sluggish growth rate of 0.7% (CAGR) over 2018-2023, owing to discounts promoted by operators to support disinflation in the country. Going forward, the government's National Broadband Strategy and Action plan (2017-2020) and investments by operators in 4G network expansion and development of 5G technology will bring growth in telecom market in Turkey.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Turkey.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The total revenue of the telecom and pay-TV services markets in Turkey will decline at a 0.6% CAGR over 2018-2023. However the revenue will increase in terms of local currency at a CAGR of 5.6%, reflecting high inflation and depreciation of Lira.
- Fixed broadband segment will see the biggest revenue increase at 3.8% CAGR in US$ (10.2% in terms of TRY) over 2018-2023.
- 4G subscriptions will account for a majority 86.1% of total mobile subscriptions estimated for 2018, owing to LTE/LTE-A expansion from MNOs and the government-backed connectivity project to expand LTE-A coverage to rural areas.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Turkey’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Turkey’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Turkey’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Turkey.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Vodafone Turkey
- Türk Telekom
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData