Tourism Destination Market Insights - South America 2020
South America is gaining traction as an appealing backpacking and general holiday destination, but challenges still remain. This report offers an overview on the infrastructure and attractions within the region.
An iconic and idyllic region, South America holds a vast natural and cultural offering with three main tourism types including culture, adventure and ecotourism attracting tourists each year.
- An iconic and idyllic region, South America holds a vast natural and cultural offering with three main tourism types including culture, adventure and ecotourism attracting tourists each year.
- More recently, as connectivity is developing, the region has become renowned as an avid backpacking destination rivalling some APAC areas.
- With an expansive natural offering, more South American destinations are promoting themselves as focusing on ecotourism and sustainability. From lesser discovered areas such as Bolivia and Guyana, the least visited destination in South America to vast tourism hotspots such as Brazil and Argentina, ecotourism is gaining traction.
- As governments in emerging destinations begin to recognize the overriding social and economic benefits tourism can bring to a community they do have greater involvement, however tourism legislation and certification remains a concern.
Reasons to Buy
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destniantion market, in this case the South America.
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in an increasingly popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- The countries of South America
- Country Snapshot
- COVID-19 overview
- Key Trends
- New Developments
- New Projects
- Types of Tourism
- Cultural tourism
- Adventure tourism
- Country Focus
- Destination Focus: Argentina
- Destination Focus: Brazil
- Destination Focus: Chile
- Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
- Regional Risk
- SWOT Analysis
- Terminology and definitions
- About the author