Tobacco Company Profile - Reynolds American, 2017
Tobacco Company Profile - Reynolds American, 2017, is an analytical company report by GlobaData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Reynolds American Inc. (RAI or Reynolds American) in its current form was established in July 2004 and in July 2017 Reynolds American had become a wholly owned subsidiary of BAT. Reynolds American is the second largest supplier of cigarettes in the US, operating primarily through RJ Reynolds Tobacco, its core cigarette business, and also the Santa Fé Natural Tobacco Company, which produces and markets the super-premium brand Natural American Spirit. Reynolds American competes in both the premium and discount segments of the US market, leading the discount sector and now a much stronger second place in the premium sector.
Reasons to buy
- Reynolds American accounted for 25.4% of US cigarette volumes in 2013, significantly behind market leader PM USA.
- In 2016, Reynolds American’s share rose to 32.9%, reflecting the full impact of the June 2015 transactions.
- Its main rivals are PM USA (Altria), ITG Brands, and Liggett/Vector, although there are numerous smaller producers.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Key Company Facts
- 3. Corporate Structure
- 3.1. Reynolds American Inc.
- 3.2. Lorillard
- 4. Financial Highlights
- 4.1. Reynolds American
- 5. MSA & Litigation Issues
- 5.1. MSA - Reynolds American
- 5.2. Litigation - Reynolds American
- 6. Cigarette Business Review
- 6.1. Global Overview
- 6.2. United States
- 6.3. International Markets
- 7. Other Tobacco Business
- 7.1. Smokeless Tobacco
- 7.2. Nicotine Replacement Products
- 7.3. Electronic Cigarettes
- 7.4. Smoking Tobacco & Cigars
- 8. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance
- 9. Appendix
- 9.1. What is this Report About?
- 9.2. Product Category Coverage
- 9.3. Methodology
- 9.4. About GlobalData
- 9.5. Disclaimer
- 9.6. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts
- Table 2: Reynolds American Inc. - List of Subsidiaries
- Table 3: Reynolds American, Consolidated Income Statement, 2006-2016, US$ Million
- Table 4: Reynolds American: Consolidated Balance Sheet, 2006-2016, US$ Million
- Table 5: Reynolds American: Settlement Payments, 2010-2016, US$ Million
- Table 6: Reynolds American: Major Tobacco Cases Pending, 2015
- Table 7: Reynolds American: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, 2004-2016
- Table 8: RAI & Lorillard: US Cigarette Volumes by Category, 2006-2016, Billion Pieces
- Table 9: US Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2006-2016
- Table 10: US, Leading Manufacturer Sales by Price Sector, 2006-2016, Billion Pieces
- Table 11: US Market Shares of Leading Brand Families, 2006-2016, % Volume
- Table 12: Santa Fé: Sales in Germany, 1998-2014
- Table 13: Lorillard: Sales to Puerto Rico & US Possessions, 2004-2014
- Table 14: Reynolds American: US Smokeless Volumes, 2006-2016, Million Cans
- Table 15: RAI & Lorillard, Geographic Spread - market shares according to region, 2014
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance