Tobacco Company Profile - RNTA
Tobacco Company Profile - RNTA, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian and global market. The report analyzes the market size and structure of RNTA in Tunisia and globally, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Régie Nationale des Tabacset des Allumettes (RNTA) was legally established in 1964, and is a state-owned enterprise operating a monopoly over the manufacture and sale of tobacco products and matches in Tunisia. RNTA was only declared an independent company in 1991 and remains under state ownership. Plans exist for its privatization, although to date the government has been reluctant to pursue this route. RNTA controls the local leaf tobacco growing and processing industry and is also involved in the production of cigars and snuff, as well as cigarettes. RNTA achieved domestic sales of 7.9 billion pieces in 2016, equivalent to 65.7% of domestic volumes. Exports accounted for only 4.8% of the company's sales in 2016, although they have been much higher in the past.
Reasons to buy
- Domestic sales was almost 8 billion pieces in 2016
- Exports accounted for only 4.8% of sales as the company tends to only focus on Tunisia.
- RNTA dominates the local Tunisian cigarette market with it controling over 65% of the market.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction 5
- 2. Key Company Facts 6
- 3. Corporate Structure 7
- 3.1. Ownership 7
- 3.2. Organization 8
- 4. Financial Highlights 10
- 5. Cigarette Business Review 11
- 5.1. Overview 11
- 5.2. Tunisia 13
- 5.3. International Markets 18
- 6. Other Tobacco Interests 19
- 7. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 20
- 8. Appendix 22
- 8.1. What is this Report About? 22
- 8.2. Time Frame 23
- 8.3. Product Category Coverage 23
- 8.4. Methodology 23
- 8.5. About GlobalData 25
- 8.6. Disclaimer 26
- 8.7. Contact Us 27
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts 6
- Table 2: RNTA: Turnover Trends, Millions of Tunisian Dinars (DT) and US$, 2007, 2009-2012 10
- Table 3: RNTA: Revenue Breakdown, % Value Share, 2009 & 2012 10
- Table 4: RNTA: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, 2000-2016 12
- Table 5: RNTA: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volumes, 2000-2016 14
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2009, 2010 & 2013 15
- Table 7: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, % Share, 2009, 2010 & 2013 15
- Table 8: RNTA: Brand Shares, % Share, 2006-2012 16
- Table 9: Price List, 2014 16
- Table 10: Cigarette Prices, TND Pack, August 2015 17
- Table 11: Cigars: Brand Portfolio, 2016 19
- Table 12: Pipe Tobacco: Brand Portfolio, 2016 19
- Table 13: Smokeless Tobacco: Brand Portfolio, 2016 19
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: RNTA: Corporate Structure 9
- Figure 2: Methodology 23
- Figure 3: GlobalData at a glance 25